COCOs Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diversauras

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'll be diving COCOs in December and have heard only good stories. Anyone got a horror story about the area or the Okeanos Aggressor? How about advice on schooling hammerheads and divers with and without rebreathers?

Hi dkigreg,

I've been, and it's simply dyn-O-mite provided that you are a diver with the skills & fitness to handle the sometimes extreme currents at the better sites. If you aren't, getting swept past a site into the open ocean or into a patch of the omnipresent long-spine urchins is a real possibility.

It's a long & often rough trip out, so bring whatever you may need as regards mal de mere.

The rebreather course is recommended. While the whitetips & silkies could care less, the hammerheads definitely do not like bubbles.

December is a good month as the cooler water temps bring the sharks higher into the water column.

BTW, it seems that another El Nino is in the works. If it seriously warms the water, all bets on major shark action are off.

The Okeanos is not of the same quality as other Aggressor craft that I have done, but it serves just fine

Have a great time.

DocVikingo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom