Cocos, best time of year?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

guyharrisonphoto

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
What are the different or best "seasons" to dive Cocos. This is on my bucket list and I want to maximize an trip's potential. Mainly interested in this trip for the shark concentrations, so the optimal time for schooling hammerheads or other shark concentrations are what I am most interested in, but everyone's thoughts are welcome if there are other good things as well that I might not be aware of.

Thanks!

Our group is headed there September 15. From what we have been told and read, the rainy season is best for hammerheads. That season tends to run from mid-June to mid-October. However, since La Nina has arrived with cooler water temps, as long as it stays around is the best time.
Whichever boat you choose, talk to them. They can be good resources for info if you get past the "any time of the year is great" statement.

Rob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom