Coco View's "Doc" Radawski could use some assist

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doc

Was RoatanMan
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Chicago & O'Hare heading thru TSA 5x per year
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Rebuilding old hearts is expensive

Doc Radawski has been on Roatan since 1972 and has become an icon of the dive industry over the many years. He has appeared on TV in a few productions- the one he is known best for is the "Crystal Skulls" stories where he had some intimate contact with those searching for Roatan's fabled pirate treasure. For many years, he was the "go to" man on Roatan for compressor repair, he now has trained his replacement. He was the "keeper" of Mary's Place while it was closed-off and coordinated the scientific surveys of it's recovery.

Here's the GO FUND ME link: Rebuilding old hearts is expensive by Jim Radawski - GoFundMe

What this post is all about...

Last Monday morning, June 15, 2015 I went to Nurse Andrea's clinic at CoCoView Resort, to have my blood pressure checked. I had not been feeling well. At her instruction, I moved from the chair to the bed, so oxygen could be administered. When Andrea next looked at me, my face was purple, and I was clinically dead.

Due to Andrea's and Patty Grier's quick action I revived but barely. The whole CoCoView Staff pitched in to help move me. First to Wood's Hospital in Coxen's Hole on Roatan. Than I was air evacuated to CEMESA Hosipital in San Pedro Sula on the main land of Honduras.

Once in CEMESA things moved very quickly. The cardiologist confirmed I had a massive blockage of my coronary artery and heart arrhythmia. I was immediately scheduled for angioplasty and a pace maker implant. By 8pm Monday night I was back in my bed in ICU and late Tuesday afternoon, the doctor discharged me from hospital.

Approximately, 72 hours later, I was back at CoCoView, where it all began.
Unfortunately, I have little or no health insurance and find myself alive, well but deeply in debt.

Any financial help will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Doc Radawski

Here's a note about him:
He has been an intregal part in the diving industry and preserving the beauty of the Bay Islands. All the dive sites you go to? Doc found them. The moorings that protect the reef? Doc set them. The Prince Albert in the front yard? Doc sunk it. The bar in the clubhouse? Doc has protected it as well. Please make an effort to pay back to a great man. It will pay forward someday."

Donate at GO FUND ME link: Rebuilding old hearts is expensive by Jim Radawski - GoFundMe

Current status:
Clipboard01.jpg

I suspect if everybody who has been to CoCo View contributed just $5 the amount needed would be exceeded many times over.
The trick is to get the word out to all those people!

Current status:
View attachment 211234

I suspect if everybody who has been to CoCo View contributed just $5 the amount needed would be exceeded many times over.
The trick is to get the word out to all those people!
that is so true....not everyone that goes there is a member of scubaboard or facebook...I know shocker...one of my friends tweeted it...not sure where else to post it

I posted it on Diver to Diver just now. There must be some Coconuts there.

Undercurrent

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom