Coco View: Mango Suite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tridacna

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
What is the consensus view of the Mango Suite at CCV? Comfortable for four? I know that one room faces the back. Does anyone who has stayed there have any comment?

Close to everything, certainly room for four, a huge screen front room to the ocean 8' away.

I usually pick the room right next to it because it's just me and herself. We have fewer windows but the same huge screen room deal on the front Oceanside...which is where we are sitting when in the room and not sleeping!

Amazing What you can see in the water right from those chairs, I'm a "limper", so I like the proximity and very very short walk (50'?) to dinner and diving (75').

As close as it is, no noise issues. We plan our trip around specific room availability- I like walking 50' to get into the water where I can be a happy fish for hours.

Thanks Doc. I usually take TSR so I'm intimately aware of the location. Here's my issue. Two friends want to share that room. Question: Is there a big diff between the two rooms? Should one pay more for the front? Are they both front facing? I know where they are-I've never been inside. CCV website is no help here...

I just glanced on a quick walk through. I've spent way more time in it when it wasn't a rental room!

Here's what the CCV website says...
Beautiful Accommodations with an Amazing View

Traveling with friends or family, now you can have your privacy with the added benefit of an ocean-front sitting room. Welcome to the Mango Suite.
Located downstairs at the water’s edge the Mango Suite is an ocean front 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom suite just a few steps from the clubhouse. The suite offers 1 Queen size bed in the front bedroom and 2 twins that can be converted to a King size bed in the back room, each room has its own air conditioner and private bathroom with a separate entrance available to the second bedroom. The front of the suite has both an ocean-front air-conditioned sitting area and an ocean-front screened in porch with plenty of seating. This new suite is perfect for a group of 4 and offers a comfortable sitting area that allows for relaxing conversation or ocean-view day-dreaming between dives.

Mango-suite-queen-bed.jpg
Room Features

When you stay in the Mango Suite, you will have access to the following in-room features and amenities:

• 1 Queen size bed in the front bedroom and 2 twins that can be converted to a King size bed in the back room
  • Air conditioning in each bedroom
  • Mini-Fridge
  • Coffee pot
  • Lockable security box
  • Private ocean-front sitting area and ocean-front screened in porch
  • Traditional Honduran décor
  • WiFi
--------
Note Timmy's ultra wide lens imagery

One room did not seem more desirable than another to me, but I'm a TSR Room kind of guy. Neither faced front, they are to the rear of what I believe is 2br, kitchenette, and front screen/glass lounge rooms. Ask CCV rez for their descriptions, they have the details, likely pics too.

(Dear SB Readers: You may be perplexed by the term "TSR", rightfully so, it's a secret, after all)

Last edited:
Why not try Coco Casa? It is a little bit further than the Mango Suite, but you get the whole house. The fridge & coffee maker in the Mango suite are in one of the bedrooms.
  • CoCo Casa: Air-conditioned, 2 bedrooms/2 baths Ocean Front home, the first house past the Cabanas; it is an easy walk or a quick bike ride to the resort. Perfect for families and groups of 3 or 4. Roatan Coco Casa | CoCo View Resort
  • CoCo Villa: Our newest addition to CCV’s accommodations, Coco Villa, offers three bedroom, 2.5 baths and spacious family areas including a large eat-in kitchen, living room and screened porch. It’s on the beach and has amazing ocean views. Roatan Coco Villa | CoCo View Resort

I wouldn't even bother unless you have kids or something. Just stay up close to the main building and save a few dollars. Its a long walk and the bikes are a bit rusty

This is my fifth trip to CCV. I have no interest in the houses and bikes. I usually stay in TSR; a friend asked about Mango. He's taking an Ocean Front now.

Back
Top Bottom