Coco Beach Resort or Xanadu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

asonger33

Reaction score
Okay, I've been researching, reading, digging for days now...My husband and I are planning a dive trip to AC on Jan 28 - Feb 1. I think I've narrowed down our choices for places to stay to Coco Beach Resort or Xanadu. I understand 1 is "in town" and 1 is "further out and more quiet". How long does it take and is it even possible to drive a golf cart from Coco Beach as opposed to Xanadu to the dive shops, shopping, food, etc? Which one has nicer rooms, grounds, etc?? We like nice places to stay...have stayed at some VERY nice places in our time together...we are looking for nice..but understand these are not the top of the list nice but we are wanting to spend some of our money on diving too! I'm just trying to get the best bang for the buck...any thoughts?

Both resorts are great but totally different. Xanadu is a Very nice small first class and private resort 1 mile south of town, easy access to all the restaurants and town via a golf cart on the cobble stone roads.
Coco Beach is newer and part of another resort 3.5 niles north of town. It is much larger with very nice pools. if you want to be north this is one of the nicer resorts. Be advised you need to get back and forth via boat from this location (no big Deal)
As For Diving you can choose from several dive centers or go with the recommended dive center the resort uses.
Xanadu- Ecologic Divers / Chuck and Robbies
Coco Beach- Tuff E Nuff dive center
All are good and will pick you up and return you to your resort.
Other GOOD locations Portofino' (north) Victoria House (south)

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom