Cochran Gemini - Aeris 750GT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nannerb82

Reaction score
What are the main differences between the two computers? Does the Cochran do everything the Aeris does? Cochran only tells you so much on their site and I have no local dealer... I currently have the Aeris but was wondering if the Cochran was better....

Thanks

I just went through the same exercise. I happen to live in Seattle and there are at least teo dealers up here. You should call Cochran if you have questions. I did and they were very helpful. Larry in particular. Cochran has changed some things with their computers and I was getting some differing info when I was questioning the dealers. So I called the source before I bought.

Their naming convention is a little confusing. For instance the Commander is different than the "Cochran Commander". Confusing because the Commander is made by Cochran as well as the Cochran Commander. See what I mean. Thats why wehen you look at the Product Manual page on the web site there are so many.

Some or all of the computers are upgradable. You can start out with the Cochran Commander (air) and they or a dealer can field upgrade it to nitrox. It can then be upgraded again later to two mix nitrox. Apparently it can also get a memory upgrade to hold more dive info also.

Fun stuff research is.

Cochrans are really cool for that reason alone, that they can grow as your diving progresses. The biggest downside is the cost for the setup, the software alone is $300, but it is quite diverse and is the only computer I know of with 1 second sampling.

I'm in the middle of purchasing a computer myself,

It's down to the Cochran and the Vytec (have to wait for it come out to try it)

Problem is the Cochran I want is over $2,000 for the tri-mix setup - However I'll bet the Vytec will be close to that as well.

Anyhow, good luck. If you've got your decision down to those two, I'd say cochran.

JUST MAKE SURE YOU BUY IT FROM A DEALER (they are strict about that, and remember it's an upgradable unit that will last your for years and years to come)

yeah....GO COCHRAN!!!!!!!!!

(no affiliatiion of money to be made, i swear :) )

Back
Top Bottom