Coca-Cola with Lime

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's OK, I also saw Pepsi is getting on the lime bandwagon, I drank one of them yesterday, no a lot of difference but then Pepsi has always had some lemon in it anyway.
I was at a dive club meeting the other week when I first saw a 2L of the lime Coke, some spoke up and said "Look- Nitrox Coke".

SeanQ:
Too bad we can't buy rum and coke in a vending machine, eh?

You once could sorta do that in New Mexico.... The liquour stores there had "drive up windows". You could drive up and get a mixed drink (or a coke, cup of ice, and a miniture and mix it yourself.)

But they made it illegal due to all the drinking and driving wrecks. Now you have to go inside the store to get your cup of ice, coke, and minature.

However, as for vending machines, back when the drinking age was 18, you could find a vending machine selling beer sometimes in military barracks.

I drink Diet Coke with lime when at my scrapbook store. It's good but not as good as putting an actual slice of lime in a glass of Diet Coke - which I've done for years. But, my new favorite in a can is Diet Cherry Vanilla Diet Dr. Pepper - YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!1

Paula

After the first sip I came to the conclusion it would be better with Rum.

ScubaTexan:
I've just tried the new Coca-Cola with Lime and it's not too bad, IMO. It's not as harsh as I was afraid it might be. Has anyone else tried it? Thoughts?

Pyrats XO Antigua Rum.... mmmmmmmm

diver_paula:
I drink Diet Coke with lime when at my scrapbook store. It's good but not as good as putting an actual slice of lime in a glass of Diet Coke - which I've done for years. But, my new favorite in a can is Diet Cherry Vanilla Diet Dr. Pepper - YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!1

Paula

Ditto here, been doing that for eons......what is even better is adding orange juice to Coke, comes out looking like muddy water but it tastes yummy. It used to called
Cola-Mix back when growing up, it was marketed and sold by Fanta.

And for the Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper - tastes the same as the regular Diet Pepper, I find/taste no difference as well.

Originally Posted by SeanQ
Too bad we can't buy rum and coke in a vending machine, eh?

When I was a naughty 15 year old exchange student in Japan I bought all kinds of mixed drinks out of vending machines. The good Japanese students I was with were shocked and horrified. Almost as horrified as my parents were when they read my travel journal. I justified my behavior because it was a cultural exchange and if I behaved differently over there out of some sense of propriety it wouldn't have been honest. Don't all young Canadian girls knock back a few after a hard day at junior high?

My husband has been hoping the lime cokes will arrive down here before too long because he always adds a sploosh of key lime juice to his coke and this will eliminate a step and simplify his life.

ScubaTexan:
I've just tried the new Coca-Cola with Lime and it's not too bad, IMO. It's not as harsh as I was afraid it might be. Has anyone else tried it? Thoughts?
Coke drinker here, haven't tried it yet, but love the commercial.
"You put the lime in the Coke you nut"

Back
Top Bottom