Cobra users, do you dive with or without clear guard on?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

danw2002

Contributor
Reaction score
the subject line says it all, do you like the clear protector on your Cobra or not, and why or why not? thanks.

I leave mine on, it can make it difficult to read when it's wet and out of the water but this has never really been a big deal to me.

I leave it on.
For protection.
Rick

My shield is on. It's got a couple scratches that make it a little difficult to read on land but doesn't make a difference underwater. The way I look at is I'd rather have the scratches on a replaceable $2 item then the non-replaceable computer screen.

-jeff

The scratches disappear underwater.

My wife has lost hers twice! (If the compass gets caught on something, and the hose gets pulled on, it's just enough to pop the lens off!) This happens on the boat .Be careful if you let others (DM's or crew) handle your gear!!

thanks all, i have mine on, but had heard that is it easier to read with it off, and because i have a retractor, it seems to be protected ok, but i think i will keep it on for now.

i should show you my custom mount for my Scuba Pro LS1 compass on it, did not like the sun SK7 , so used the mount and pulled it out and put the LS1 in its place....

i would love to see it dan... and by the way jeff, where the heck do you get them for $2? I paid my lds $10 and thats the cheapest I could find it anywhere. It's only a buck or so overseas, but shipping rules it out unless you buy a few of them at a time. I saved my scratched one just in case I'd be diving somewhere that I thought it may stand more chances of being scuffed up more.

They're only $1.52 at Diveinn; do a search on PROTECTOR COBRA to find them.

If you ordered just one, shipping would be expensive but if you’re buying something else anyway it’s a great deal.

Mike

I was referring to diveinn.com. Sure, shipping on a single item would prevent me from buying just one shield without adding something else to my order. Consequently, they were out of stock the last time I ordered so I still haven't actually purchased a $2 shield.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom