Cobra 3 Compass Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fins Up

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am adding a Suunto SK-7 end mount compass to my Suunto Cobra 3 computer console. My question is if I add this compass to my console, will it affect my cobra 3 digital compass reading in any way?
any info provided will be a big help.

I was curious about this a while ago and there is interference, but I forget now which way. Just take your console to a dive shop and test the compass near the SK7.

Hi guys I had the same question and asked a couple Instructors and a Dive Master that exact question today during a dive.

I have the Cobra 3 and love it other than the compass timing out so fast (Max of 5 minutes).

I was told by all of them that it would not work. Two Dive Masters said it would only work with the earlier Cobras.

If anyone has any info to the contrary I would be interested also.

Thanks,
Joe

I have the Cobra 3 + SK7 end-mount and it most definitely renders the built-in digital compass useless.
Oh and did I mention how much I love the SK7 at the end-mount? :eyebrow:

I am adding a Suunto SK-7 end mount compass to my Suunto Cobra 3 computer console. My question is if I add this compass to my console, will it affect my cobra 3 digital compass reading in any way?
any info provided will be a big help.
How did this work out. Want to do the same thing.

I have the Cobra 3 + SK7 end-mount and it most definitely renders the built-in digital compass useless.
Oh and did I mention how much I love the SK7 at the end-mount? :eyebrow:
Looking to do the same thing, is there any impact on the SK7 with this setup?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom