Cobalt II shows wrong tank presure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matttih

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello,

since 3 dives, my 26 month old Cobalt II shows wrong (too low) Tank preasure during the dive (see picture, green line show Tank Preasure in Bar) - Temperature was very stable during this dives (pink line)

Is there a way to repair this? Liquid sports who is handeling Atomic in Germnay says they have no way to repair it, as the product is discontinued.
The only thing they may repair is the sometimes failing magnetic switch on the "back" arrow

@RonR is Ocean Concepts still in business and would able to repair it?

signal-2022-01-23-191202.png

Greetings
Matti

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220130-155459.png
    Screenshot_20220130-155459.png
    75.2 KB · Views: 89
>> since 3 dives, my 26 month old Cobra II <<

Is this a Cobra or a Cobalt?

oh, my fault! of cause it is a Atomics Cobalt II

Hello,

since 3 dives, my 26 month old Cobalt II shows wrong (too low) Tank preasure during the dive (see picture, green line show Tank Preasure in Bar) - Temperature was very stable during this dives (pink line)

Is there a way to repair this? Liquid sports who is handeling Atomic in Germnay says they have no way to repair it, as the product is discontinued.
The only thing they may repair is the sometimes failing magnetic switch on the "back" arrow

@RonR is Ocean Concepts still in business and would able to repair it?

View attachment 704136

Greetings
Matti
Sure, that sort of thing should be easily repairable, probably by just replacing the high pressure sensor. The pressure reading is clearly jumping around quite a lot, with intermittent readings that are clearly bad. The only problem is that sending the Cobalt here from Germany and back again will take a bit more time.

I will send you a direct message through ScubaBoard with contact information.

Ron

Thank you for the super fast reply. I already answered your pm and will send the device tomorrow!

Matti

Hello,

the Shipment arrived at your place.

Greetings
Matti

Hello,

the Shipment arrived at your place.

Greetings
Matti
I think that this could be better handled in DMs or email.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom