Cobalt Coast Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is Reggie still DM at LCBR? I seem to recall he told me last year he had come from Cobalt. Excellent DM and captain.

Don't remember a Reggie and I don't think he is listed on the website.

I have a trip scheduled for November to Cobalt Coast, so I am very interested in what is happening. Stayed there a couple years ago and enjoyed myself immensely.

This should be an interesting transition. I like Reef Divers at LCBR, but was not impressed with their operation at Brac Reef. We were at Cobalt Coast last trip and I really enjoyed it. I found DiveTech a notch above Reef Divers. There were several folks using rebreathers, double tanks, and side mounts and doing more technical dives, whereas I have never seen anyone with a rebreather at LCBR (that doesn't mean it doesn't happen). My take is replacing DiveTech with Reef Divers would be a step down in the type of diving offered, but maybe Reef Divers would step up their service. One of the reasons we went to Cobalt Coast rather than LCBR was to try a rebreather.

I think DiveTech and Reef Divers cater to different divers with some overlap. I suspect Reef Divers is going to always be focused on rec diving.

I do do know that Reef Divers has a new boat on order. Not sure if it will be for Grand Cayman or one of the other resorts.

I am at LCBR this week and Reggie is not here now. Was told that Dive Tech is moving their operation down to Lighthouse. Was also told that RD Grand Cayman would be focused almost exclusively on the guests staying at the resort...no cruise shippers and limited walk-ins. May not be that different from what is currently there. Also heard they may do only morning two tank plans with unlimited shore diving.

Heard the same thing about offering morning dives with unlimited shore diving as well. I'd be fine with that. I'm hoping they will let some of us that bring big groups come and check it out before we commit a group there.

Cobalt Coast and LCBR have always been similar in being quality diver focused resorts, and in having been very consistent about that quality for years. It's hard to compare the 2 dive ops and say one is better than the other, they're both good in their own ways but their focus and philosophy has always been somewhat different. Would be a shame if they only offered morning boat dives. Trouble with unlimited shore diving there is that it's blown out too often, and going down the road to the 'other' Divetech operation to shore dive presumably won't be an included option anymore, unless they make some special arrangement.

So is Arie retiring from retiring?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom