Cobalt 1 button problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rythmmaker

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Pulled my Cobalt out to get the serial number for insurance - glad I did - I discovered that one of the magnetic switches is non-functional. I replaced all the magnets a few months ago and it has been working perfectly ever since - no issues on my last dive about 6 weeks ago, but the back button is now non-functional. I have about a dozen leftover magnets from the replacements Atomic sent - I have tried all 4 of the various colors (representing different magnet strengths) and none of them will trigger the magnetic switch in the lefthand (back) position.

Since the computer comes up after being charged in the "set time/date" mode, the back button is necessary to save and exit - which I can no longer do.

Is there anything I can do - other than send it back to Cobalt?

If you are able to try fresh magnets and they don't actuate the switch, then it may be the actual magnetic switch on the PCB that is the problem. That's easy to replace, but would need to be done by Atomic as it requires opening the computer. If you have any more powerful magnets around you could try to put one near the switch to see if it actuates- that could get you to the main screen. But I would suggest a return trip to Atomic is in order.

Ron

Contacted Adan in California, he sent me an RMA document so it could be returned for repair.
Thanks, Ron

Back
Top Bottom