Coastal Shore Diving In Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Twin Lakes is about finished as a dive spot. It has been losing it's water and stuff that used to be 15 feet below the surface are now sticking out. All the shops that were teaching there have diverted classes to 288 Lake..

I haven't been there in 2.5 years! It wasn't good then anyway, but it was the closest place to go (before 288 lake reopened)

Here is some more info about 288 Lake:
Tele: (713) 203-0152
Website: www.288lake.com (but it seems to be down so don't bother!!)
but you can find really good info about it here: 288 Lake, Texas

I think this is your best bet.

**And thanks ReefHound for the update :wink:**

Hello I'm Capt Randy from Sport Divers if the weather is good we will try to make a run on the 6th Reefhound was right we need 4 people to run and would normally run 30-40 miles out of Freeport. However this time of year the cold fronts keep us in most weekends so you would want a back up plan. Personally I like Mammoth lake in Clute the best because of the amount of things thay have scattered around the bottom.
288 Lake is probably clearer just not as much to see.

Randy

I haven't been there in 2.5 years! It wasn't good then anyway, but it was the closest place to go (before 288 lake reopened)

Here is some more info about 288 Lake:
Tele: (713) 203-0152
Website: www.288lake.com (but it seems to be down so don't bother!!)
but you can find really good info about it here: 288 Lake, Texas

I think this is your best bet.

**And thanks ReefHound for the update :wink:**

And to update 288 Lake, the platforms have been moved back to the west side because swimmers have been eliminated altogether. Now it's divers only. They won't kick out a diver or his guest for taking a relaxing dip but they have had enough of yahoos swinging from ropes out over the water, yelling "hey guys, watch this!".

Hello I'm Capt Randy from Sport Divers if the weather is good we will try to make a run on the 6th Reefhound was right we need 4 people to run and would normally run 30-40 miles out of Freeport. However this time of year the cold fronts keep us in most weekends so you would want a back up plan. Personally I like Mammoth lake in Clute the best because of the amount of things thay have scattered around the bottom.
288 Lake is probably clearer just not as much to see.

Randy

I'd be up for it. Just need 3 more adventurous souls :)

Any interest in going out the Saturday the 6th? I need 3 others in order for Sport divers to take the boat out. It is supposed to be 75 degrees :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom