Coastal Scuba in N Mrytle Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sandmanz32

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
has anyone had any experience diving with them....hell i didnt know there was any good diving offa mrytle beach! i stumbled across their website and they look pretty good. im gonna be spending everyother weekend at the beach this summer and def. wanna do some diving and just wanted to know if they were the way to go cuz the shop is 6 miles from where ill be staying

I live in Myrtle Beach and just started diving last summer. My LDS is Express Water Sports in Murrells Inlet, about 15 minutes from my house.

Haven't tried Coastal. They a bit of a drive for me, much further than Express in the Inlet. There were several posts much earlier indicating some problems with Coastal, but I can't comment personally.

I can comment on the folks at Express - excellent in every respect. New boat arriving soon. I'm planning AOW with them and many dives this summer... if I can ever get off the road and have a few weeks at home!

I'll be interested to hear about your experience with Coastal.

Here's a link to them sandman http://www.expresswatersports.com/ Maybe we could get a few of us here together, and do a trip down there. The scuba shop in spartenburg is taking their boats out next weekend to Jocassee, to dive the junk/wall if your intrested I can send you some info.

Reefraff2:
Here's a link to them sandman http://www.expresswatersports.com/ Maybe we could get a few of us here together, and do a trip down there. The scuba shop in spartenburg is taking their boats out next weekend to Jocassee, to dive the junk/wall if your intrested I can send you some info.
yea next weekend is my birthday, and i already have plans for the whole weekend...which unfortantly does not include any diving:( .....as for as the beach goes let me know...ill be down there every other weekend

Coastal runs out to a lot of inshore stuff in the summer so they can get more trips per day. But where you will be it will be your best bet. From N. M.B. it is not that far to Wilmington you could try one of those one weekend. On Coastal Scuba tell Capt Buddy Hi! He is a hoot. And if Pete is DM'ing you will have super DM(long time local diver).
Express Watersports Does a good job also I only went out with them once but other than changing the destinations it was great. But they are a long drive from where you will be.

Butch

I've had some very good and some so-so trips with Coastal Scuba. Like Butch said, they run to the same 3 inshore sites over and over again in the summer. The sites can be decent, but not the best the area has to offer. The summer trips also attract a lot of once a year divers and tons of rental gear. Any operation will encounter some hicups with that combination. I would give them a shot, particularly if you can get on a trip to one of the better sites, or with a group of regular divers.

There is another new op running out of Little River inlet (N Myrtle). I know almost nothing about them, but they book via www.southcarolinadive.com and their website is http://divemyrtlebeach.com/

Hope that helps -
Rich

Thanks for that info Rich, I have it booked marked also now. May is booked up with diving, so I'm shooting for June sometime. Hopefully we will here some good reports on them.

Bill

Oh before I forget Happy B-day Sandmanz32 ! Should have planned some diving for that B-day ,We'll sing Happy b-day to you at the junk this weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom