'Cmon people

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Derek S

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
We're on the cusp of the NE dive season, just a few more weeks and it'll be here. We need some activity in here! Let's start talking!

What classes, if any, are people planning on taking?

What new gear, if any, will people be purchasing?

Anywhere particular that anyone wants to go diving that isn't a normally scheduled site either through DD or a club?

I'm doing to Dutch for DUI Dog Days. I'd like to get a refresher course on first aid/cpr. My BC is currently in Fla w/seagle getting repaired and I have a new compass thanks to the birthday fairy that I'm giong to try out at Dutch!!!

Goals for this summer:
Find the St Pete!
Water Witch and OJ Walker in Plattsburgh.
Brockville at least twice.
Maybe Toby if I have the $$

But, I'm hoping to take Trimix and Technical Wreck Penetration this year.

I'll be at Dutch for Demo Days :D I've given a deposit for the August DD trip to Brockville :D I may go to Gilboa (at leat once) :D I'd like to spend a few weekends in the Islands :D and of course some trips with Osprey Charters on Lake Erie :D Got to see the new wreck :D I'm ready for the St Pete too :D Also I'd like to run a couple of the trips on the Favors :D (the trips that aren't training dives, though I'm sure I'll do some of them too), A night dive on the Benson would be cool :D

Derek S:
What classes, if any, are people planning on taking?

What new gear, if any, will people be purchasing?

Anywhere particular that anyone wants to go diving that isn't a normally scheduled site either through DD or a club?

Gee, there are several goals this year before the summer ends:

-Complete AOW and intro to cave
-Diving in one of the exotic locations (hopefully for a reef diving)
-Sell my DUI FLX50/50 SS drysuit and get a new one (maybe?)
-Diving as much as possible after my internship at UGA, mostly probably in FL
-Dive in Gray's Reef near my home in GA (don't know which charter yet, if you know, let me know!)

Ok, here it goes....
Just got the new DS4/TX50/Long hose, so need some practice with that
Primary dive buddy, just ordered a dry suit from DD, so he'll need some time with that(so, I gotta jump in and dive with him right..... what are friends for)
Beyond that.... As usual several dives on the St. Pete
As many trips to the islands as I can. (vickery, keystorm, america, daryaw and a secrect spot, I'll have to blindfold you to take you there....)
I wanna do dutch springs this year
and as always probally many dives on the laura Grace, as its close to my slip in Braddocks bay.
The Whelen in lake Erie on Ospery.
And I may even try to get a peek on the Jodery if things go well.
I'd also like to upgrade to a bp/w wing over the summer if cash allows
If I can afford it, i wanna take the intro to Tech class at DD
Currently, i have 147 dives. I want at least 200 by 12/31/06! Thats my goal!

Firediver32:
Ok, here it goes....
...................[snip]...........
and as always probally many dives on the laura Grace, as its close to my slip in Braddocks bay.
.........[snip]................. i wanna take the intro to Tech class at DD
Currently, i have 147 dives. I want at least 200 by 12/31/06! Thats my goal!

I need to see the Laura Grace!!
one of my students told me about her

The first offering this season of the NAUI Tec course starts in May, Call Dallas at the shop

I'm going out to DD today, I'll chat with him then if hes there.
As for the laura grace, it's not much, but its close to whre my boat is and as such, I dive there a lot. Hopefully Mile Zero (my boat) will be in the water around mid may, and I'll let ya know when I'm going!

ok Spill!!! What's the laura grace!!! Is it the wreck that's off the bouy west of Braddock Bay??? Also Firediver, my USCG AUX is based out of Braddock Bay. If you want a safety inspection, let me know. We'll be having a couple VE Blitz's there this year.

The Laura Grace is tug boat that sunk in the 40's There is not much left, as it only in about 12 feet. Her Boilers do come with in about 3-4 feet of the surface. She is east of Braddocks, near the inlet at the end of long pond rd. You mention the wreck, near the buoy. I have been looking for that with no luck, do you know where it is? Perhaps we could trade numbers if you have GPS coords. As for the safety inspection, that would be great, I've never had one done, but always made sure I had the required items, and then some. Feel free to email me some time at GCFD61@aol.com.

Dan Everett

Firediver32:
I'm going out to DD today, I'll chat with him then if hes there.
As for the laura grace, it's not much, but its close to whre my boat is and as such, I dive there a lot. Hopefully Mile Zero (my boat) will be in the water around mid may, and I'll let ya know when I'm going!

Great!!

Thanks!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom