CMAS 2**

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello, I am holding PADI OWD, IANTD AOWD, and SSI EANx licenses issued in Poland and I am looking for a reliable diving centre in Egypt offering CMAS ** training.

My research reveled that some centres consider CMAS ** as an equivalent of AOWD and claim that max. depth is only 30 meters (CMAS (P2**) Dive Course ) but I also found centres that offer much more in depth and more expensive training lasting 5 days (CMAS P2** (Two-Star-Diver) Diver Course) compliant with the requirements defined by the head office and allowing to dive up to 40 meters deep (<span style=\)

Can you recommend any reliable diving centre offering CMAS courses in Egypt ?

Thank you ; )

For what I figured their 1* was more extensive than the PADI AOWD that I made in Crete....

Thanks for reccomendation. CMAS and IANTD are known for their rigid approach towards scuba diving therefore...your 1star might have covered more topics than AOWD, which in my opinion is a pointless certificate :wink: Anyway, nowodays it is not easy to find centres affiliated with CMAS as everyone aims to maximise profits and avoid bureaucracy. I am also trying to reach out to the centres based in Canary Islands run by the French but again almost all schools moved from CMAS to SSI or PADI. It appears that Rescue plus Deep with good instructor might be an interesting alternate for CMAS ** regardless of federation.

Hello, I am holding PADI OWD, IANTD AOWD, and SSI EANx licenses issued in Poland and I am looking for a reliable diving centre in Egypt offering CMAS ** training.

My research reveled that some centres consider CMAS ** as an equivalent of AOWD and claim that max. depth is only 30 meters (CMAS (P2**) Dive Course ) but I also found centres that offer much more in depth and more expensive training lasting 5 days (CMAS P2** (Two-Star-Diver) Diver Course) compliant with the requirements defined by the head office and allowing to dive up to 40 meters deep (<span style=\)

Can you recommend any reliable diving centre offering CMAS courses in Egypt ?

Thank you ; )
Have a look at BSAC Egypt. Sports Diver, which includes Nitrox, elementary Dive Management, rescue skills (10m CBL), mandatory deco stops. Is CMAS 2* equivalent. Post qualifying depth progression dives to 40m.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom