Clueless!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wheese

New
Reaction score
Hi,
Im new to this forum and also VERY new to diving.I am going on holidays soon to Croatia and was thinking about trying Scuba diving while im there. However, im not a very strong swimmer and dont really have much of a clue about what it will be like or what to expect. Ive heard many stories about what an experience it is so I would like to try it myself - even though I am very nervous about it! I was wondering if you could tell me the names of some books or manuals I could read before I go to get a headstart or get an idea about what is involved. I also have booked myself in for a try dive. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Wheese:
Hi,
Im new to this forum and also VERY new to diving.I am going on holidays soon to Croatia and was thinking about trying Scuba diving while im there. However, im not a very strong swimmer and dont really have much of a clue about what it will be like or what to expect. Ive heard many stories about what an experience it is so I would like to try it myself - even though I am very nervous about it! I was wondering if you could tell me the names of some books or manuals I could read before I go to get a headstart or get an idea about what is involved. I also have booked myself in for a try dive. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Welcome,

Run down to your nearest dive shop and sign up for a Discover Scuba course, that will teach you the basics, also, they will be able to answer all the questions you might have.

Good diving,
Mike

Wheese:
Hi,
Thanks!
welcome. this site has a variety of forums from which you can post and obtain info......

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Benvenuto a bordo! :azvatar:
and to the underwater world :fish:
Once you start you can not stop. You will soon like all of us like to have nitrogen in your blood…
You do not need to be a very good swimmer to dive. Can you stay on surface without sinking? Yes! So it is OK

Welcome! You'll like it here, this is the most informative place to go for SCUBA on the internet. Whether you want info, humor, or spirited debate, (or sometimes all three at once!), this is the place!

Oh, and when you fill out your profile, flex those humor muscles!

TJ

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

don

BTW - Did you set up your Profile? Some ideas for your Profle might be taken from looking at mine. Click on my Username to the upper left, then click on my Profile, and see what I've done. For your's, click the [CP] in the upper left of the screen, then click [Edit Profile]. If you need any more help, PM me direct.

:D

Tabasco1955:
Welcome,

Run down to your nearest dive shop and sign up for a Discover Scuba course, that will teach you the basics, also, they will be able to answer all the questions you might have.

Good diving,
Mike

Thanks for your help so far but are there any books I could get that might be useful?

Back
Top Bottom