Clueless about doubles.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Murchison:
I recommend PST E7-100's
These will give you about 87 CF at 3000 psi (each); if you need the extra gas you can pump 'em up to their rated 3442 psi for 100 CF each - and they're about the same size and (empty) weight of AL 80's.
Sweet tanks, plenty of gas.
Rick

I would have to agree with Rick. I owned 3 set's of Double's for different type's of diving. I used LP 104's pumped up for long cave dive's, and used HP 100's that were great for rec diving.

One way I look at it, by the time I put a single 120 or 130 on my back, then add a 30 Cf pony for back-up, im almost carrying enough = to a small set of double's. One thing I like when diving a smaller set of double's like HP 100's is I will use them on a deep dive like 100' , then have enough air to dive a 60' reef drift diving afterwards, and I have complete redundancy on both dive's without having to " sling" a pony bottle.

I tend to agree with everyone here on the board, 120's or 130's is over kill for rec diving.

just to give you an idea, I can cave dive at peacock and get close to 1,200' in and turn on rule's of third's, that's close to an hour and a half of diving between going in and coming out, and I'll still have a third left when exiting, that's allot of air for a non over head environments just for rec diving if you see what I mean.

At 100' in depth, you'll problem wouldn't have more then 25 min bottom time, I'll have to look at my planner, you can really do that off a single 100 cf tank to a 130 cf tank if your alittle heavy on air, and throw a H valve on for redundancy.

Myself, I'll buy either Faber 95's of a set of HP 100's again and start using them on the same kinda diving, I may not need all that air, but at least I know it's there for someone else if they need it, plenty of air can't hurt, but no air can cause someone their life!

Back
Top Bottom