Club Cantamar in La Paz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

D_O_H

Contributor
Reaction score
Just wanted to post a quick note saying what great service I got from Club Cantamar in La Paz (Baja). I was planning to travel there this week with a big group of friends and family and booked 8 rooms. For one reason or another, people (including me) ended up having to bail on the trip and we ended up only taking 3 rooms.

Club Cantamar cheerfully allowed me to cancel rooms with no penalty every time I called, even though they had a big deposit from me and were entitled to charge significant penalties pursuant to our contract.

The remainder of our group ran into further difficulty when the airline we had booked on was shut down by the Mexican government for egregious safety violations (see here for the full story). There wasn't another feasible way for them to fly in, so they decided to drive to La Paz, which replaces several days of vacation time with driving time. My group got there last night and CC threw in some free scuba diving when they found out what my group had to go through to make it to La Paz.

This kind of treatment is all too rare these days. I will definitely stay with Club Cantamar on my next trip to Baja and hope anyone reading this will do so too.

I was there in Jan 05 with just 5 of us and it was probably one of the best trips i have done in years, the lodge is very nice, the boats are great, the crews are great, the food is wonderful. Oh yeah -- the diving is fantastic ......

Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom