Club Aquarius (3 Fathoms) - Worth It?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mark Duddridge

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm thinking of joining 3 Fathom's "Club Aquarius," and I'm wondering if there is anybody out there who is either a current or past member of the club. It seems like a pretty good deal, but I've had limited interaction with 3 Fathoms and was hoping to get some less biased feedback on the club than the store owner.

Club membership is $99, and it seems like the main benefit is free air fills (excluding nitrox) and free pool access every other weekend for three months during the winter.

Also, does anybody shop at both 3 Fathoms and One Stop Diving that could comment on which store does a better job of customer support (coordinating events, answering questions, offering training).

Thanks in advance for your help!

Mark

my experience with 3 fathoms, Biased is the right chose of words.
as far as free air from the shop Well 06+ early07 we had a compressor at the lake(West Hawk)
it crapped out and was never replaced. so your free air is limited to the number of tanks you own
or rent from the shop.As far as shopping at both stores I did but now I shop at One Stop (doug is always good for a laugh and seams to be very Knowlegable. I have met afew of the divers from there and the other shops they are a little less pretenceous. I do maintain a good repore with a few of the divers a 3 fathoms

all the shops in Winnipeg will have their own club. Typically it will get you access to their pool time, or such.

You could always join one of the UW Football clubs as well. There are a number of divers involved with them.

UW Football clubs? I didn't realize we had any of those in Winnipeg. How would I get in touch with them?

Mark

$99 bucks for free air and pool for 3 months of the year... ouch. Thunder bays Club Aquarius is 70 bucks, free pool and air for a year and discounts at local shops as well as a monthly news letter with upcoming events, sales and reviews.

I would demand more from them!

UW Football - you have two methods of getting in tough with them.
The first is through MUC (manunderwater.com).
The second is through me... I'll send you a private message with my e-mail.

$99 bucks for free air and pool for 3 months of the year... ouch. Thunder bays Club Aquarius is 70 bucks, free pool and air for a year and discounts at local shops as well as a monthly news letter with upcoming events, sales and reviews.

I would demand more from them!

That may also get you access to 3F's CA summer events as well.

It's whatever the market will bear I guess. I suggest visiting all the shops in town at least once to see what they offer, and who you feel most comfortable working with. You can find them here: ManUnderwater.com

Very true dear sir.

I hope people get their moneys worth. If they don't, most turn to other sources for events and what not. Hurts both the retailer and the other local divers if that happens.

One problem I just discovered with the "unlimited fills" thing is that from Monday to Friday 3 Fathoms only opens at 10:00 and closes at 17:00. As someone who works from 8:30-17:00 every day, I can't see how I'd ever be able to get my tanks in for filling while they are still open. I'm away on weekends (cabin or diving), so I can't even get in when they open from 10:00-14:00 on Saturdays.

With those kinds of hours, who is their target market? I'd want to be open at a time when all the people who have been working all day to earn money have an opportunity to spend it at my store!

One problem I just discovered with the "unlimited fills" thing is that from Monday to Friday 3 Fathoms only opens at 10:00 and closes at 17:00. As someone who works from 8:30-17:00 every day, I can't see how I'd ever be able to get my tanks in for filling while they are still open. I'm away on weekends (cabin or diving), so I can't even get in when they open from 10:00-14:00 on Saturdays.

With those kinds of hours, who is their target market? I'd want to be open at a time when all the people who have been working all day to earn money have an opportunity to spend it at my store!
3 Fathoms is now open until 8pm on Friday's, and until 5pm on Saturday's. So its a lot easier to get air fills for the lake.

Back
Top Bottom