CLT Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iztok

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone on this board that lives in CLT and dives around this area?h

vjordan, I am going to PDRA quarry at Lake Norman almost every weekend. It is close to me (I77 x36) and good diving practice. Let me know if you would like to join any weekend.

Valerie. Have you got your "C" card? I goto the Bahamas 4-5 times a year to dive. I have a great instructor if you need to get your card. And by the way the waters always blue and warm, the weather is great, and the diving is out of the world. Email me at golf29016@yahoo.com
Ken

Well quite some has changed since I originally posted this. I have many more dives behind me and I really enjoy even the quarry dives. I spent 3 days diving in Thailand and loved it too!

But I am always willing to buddy with someone if they need one.

Ha! I think things have changed for me as well since my last post. I actually went to Lake Norman Quarry over the summer, although I do have to say I liked Blanche Quarry a little better. I'd love to go diving anytime!! I haven't been in like a month and I'm really starting to miss it.

I am in Chlt and have been diving Lake Norman the last 2 weeks. I've made about 4 dives and am learning to embrace the 2' vis!
I've joined the PDRA and am awaiting my card and key so I can dive the quarry.
I'm definitely looking for a dive buddy or 10!

Is Graveyard at Lake Jocassee within rec limits or it is below 130ft?

As for others. Best time to come to LKN is Thursday evening after work. There is usually a decent group to go dive with. Also Sunday is a good time as well.

I just went to JMR (Blanch) Quarry yesterday for the first time. Indeed visibility in that quarry is much better but it is 2 hours further for me to drive.

Jocassee graveyard is 139 as of yesterday visiblity is good enough to stay at 125 and see the site by diving above it. but if you want to read the head stones you will want to wait for late summer time when the lake tends to drop ten feet

rodale's scuba diving in this months issue has an article about diving the graveyard in it FYI

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom