Closest to Coron wrecks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Allan Kaizer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi everybody!
I am headed to Coron the 30th of July and I need a little advice about the dive shops of the island.
I know that is a decently sized island, with the largest city of Coron being relatively in the center.
From looking at maps, I've noticed that the majority of the wrecks are to the west of Coron city, and it seems that most of the dive centers there have a 1 hour boat ride to the dive sites.
I'm planning on 5 days of as much diving; basically as much as nitrox will allow! :crafty:
Can anyone recommend some shops (perhaps that offer packages with local accommodations (budget accommodations preferably :D )) that are near the dive sites. Another criteria would be shore diving near by, which would be an amazing plus!!
I am not interested in night life, and quiet or loud settings are both acceptable.

Any help would be a great help! Cheers, Allan

P.S. I am keeping my ear to the weather channel!

Can anyone recommend some shops (perhaps that offer packages with local accommodations (budget accommodations preferably :D )) that are near the dive sites. Another criteria would be shore diving near by, which would be an amazing plus!!
Good luck!

If you want to be close to the wrecks, the only option (unless things have change since I was last there a few years ago), is Sangat Island Resort. I thought it was a bit pricey for a place with no air con and no hot water, but it is very close to most of the wrecks, and they are limited by the remoteness of their location. But if all you care about is being close to the wrecks, that would be the place for you! I reviewed them on TripAdvisor in 2008, but there are loads more reviews since that voice basically the same thing.

Sangat Island Dive Resort (Palawan, Philippines) - Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor

Thanks guys! Any more recommendations?

I looked into the Sangat Island resort, and it looks beautiful... but yes, very pricey.

For near to the wrecks there's really only Sangat Island and Puerto Del Sol - both of which are certainly not in the budget accomodation category.

I'd recommend Rock Steady Diveshop in Coron Town, they can arrange any accomodation to suit your budget in Coron Town itself, it's normally 1-2 hours boat trip to the wrecks from Coron Town but the dive an accomodation prices are much cheaper than from the high-end resorts. The boat trip is also a very pleasant one in most weather conditions.

Shore diving, well, worthwhile shore diving, isn't really going to happen at any resort in Coron I'm afraid!

Coron and nightlife don't really go hand in hand so there's no problems there, Coron Town is also very small - don't be mislead by the 'largest city' comment :)

Back
Top Bottom