Closed Threads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yes, often to our own great embarrasment

to clarify: we can, but we shouldn't unless to make an official posting
or something

H2Andy:
yes, often to our own great embarrasment

to clarify: we can, but we shouldn't unless to make an official posting
or something

Thanks for the honest answer.I was just looking at the Uncertified Divers thread and although it was closed it seemed to keep growing. Obviously rank has its privileges :wink:

ianr33:
Obviously rank has its priviliges :wink:

well, i am not sure why, but the "closed" flag doesn't prevent us from posting
in a closed thread. this means that sometimes we post to a thread we didn't know was closed (has happened to me).

The post after it was closed was actually a good one. My main complaint about the recent troll like behavior of a certain member is that his threads have led to dangerous responses and I felt the closing comment helped out in that area.

Ian,
Yep, that last post was mine!
If you look at the time stamps, you'll see that H2Andy and I were posting at the same time. Problem was that he hit the "send button" a second or two before I did, otherwise, I wouldn't have posted to the thread.

the K

easy enough to fix guys... give me a second

Geeeeezzzz !!!
Thanks, Ianr33 . . . now I've got to pay a $10 late posting fee to the advisors !

:D

ianr33:
Thanks for the honest answer.I was just looking at the Uncertified Divers thread and although it was closed it seemed to keep growing. Obviously rank has its privileges
Yup that last post was mine - made after the thread was closed, and before I noticed it. Once we spotted it was closed, we killed it.

Let's see that great privilege resulted in - uhh - well - hmmm... give me a decade and I'll think of some benefit.

I don't think you'll find many threads where staff post after its been closed unless its an "administrative" message of some sort. If messages do get inadvertantly posted, they also get removed (as was the case here). Too bad too - my post was one of the best ones going... :peepwalla

Al Mialkovsky:
The post after it was closed was actually a good one... I felt the closing comment helped out in that area.
Thanks Al - I'm sure I'll be able to resurect it in another thread some day...

Back
Top Bottom