Closed reefs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

see above, its supposed to be closed until 1 October

Only what’s in the boxes is what gets closed - for instance Punta Sur and to the South including wrapping around the East side doesn’t close.

Like in April and May - Palancar Horseshoe, Gardens and Dailia will be closed.

Right now, caves thru Columbia deep are closed.

It really doesn’t limit things too much other than February thru May

I stand corrected, I was in error going off memory, I thought Maracaibo remained open, obviously not. Thank you for posting a clean copy of the closure notice. It would be helpful if the MODs would post it as a sticky as this question will come up again especially when the great white north starts to travel again

Its open - see my comment above

Its open - see my comment above
My Spanish is virtually non -existent (English is not much better) but I thought this meant that the far south was closed from 17 August thru September 30th?
upload_2020-8-26_19-43-43.png

My Spanish is virtually non -existent (English is not much better) but I thought this meant that the far south was closed from 17 August thru September 30th?
View attachment 607554

What you are pointing out is El Cielo was supposed to be closed August 17th thru end of September "starting August 17th thru September 30th" - only El Cielo, everything below it doesn't have a box around it so isn't closed. Only sites within a box will be closed for the months listed.

El Cielo didn't close either, the mayor requested that it remain open to help the snorkel boats - dive sites did close and I wouldn't expect anyone to over ride that.

El Cielo closed. Awesome SI after Islote or Maracaibo.

The Mayor requested that they keep it open, it never closed. The navy has been down there checking boats at times.

If the weather is good, we should be there tomorrow hopefully not crashing the drone!!

The Mayor requested that they keep it open, it never closed. The navy has been down there checking boats at times.

If the weather is good, we should be there tomorrow hopefully not crashing the drone!!

I thought what you posted with the arrow next to El Cielo meant that it is closed for boats.

I thought what you posted with the arrow next to El Cielo meant that it is closed for boats.

Yes it was supposed to be closed, the only reason it's open is that the Mayor, Pedro, asked the Marine Park to keep it open due to the economic crisis. Other than El Cielo being open when the schedule shows closed, everything else is within schedule and there's no talk of changing it that I've heard. This schedule of closures came out maybe back in June, with this plague, I've sorta lost track of time.

There are some new rules I think at El Cielo and don't quote me on this - no anchoring, there's buoys to tie up to. They're trying to limit how much time you're there. The one time we were there a few weeks ago, the navy did come thru checking on things. I think what they are trying to do is cut down on the overcrowding and partying that was going on down there......

Back
Top Bottom