Clogged Sinus Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am going to not take the Affrin anymore, but I took it for over a week so I'm sure the rebound will keep me clogged for a little longer...

Oh yea, I forgot about Musinex, that stuff work very well for me.

If I am near salt water I also like to take a free dive in the morning and flood my mask on the bottom a little before coming up to force salt water into my sinus. The other method is to get the Neli Pot (sp?) and just do a rinse before leaving for your diving.

I agree with TSandM on the repeted up and down in any shallow area, pool or otherwise. It will play havoc with your ears and deffinately make any congestion worse. Chlorine doesn't help either because it is an irritant which causes more mucous.

I did my second confined water dive and was able to equalize but it took me a couple of minutes and I could feel the pressure change gradually happen as well on the way back up to the surface. I just left the ENT, however, and he said that I should wait a week as my sinuses seem to be clogged from a cold I had a week ago or so. The interesting thing, however, is that the ENT actually recommends taking Afrin before you dive and he also said that he may even take sudafed and afrin before a dive to help equalize. It's a bummer that I have to miss my open water dives this weekend, but next weekend will be fun!:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom