clips for camera gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use a coiled lanyard and clip - one that allows you to join the two ends of the coil initially (so that the camera is held closer to you) and can then be released to give you the full length of the stretched coil to position your camera, when you're ready to use it.

A wise instructor told me very early on to always maintain two points of attachment. Consequently, I also keep a plain, cord lanyard round my wrist attached to a second attachment point on the camera case. If, for any reason, one attachment point, or the coiled cord or lanyard fail, I always have something fighting the tendency of my very slightly negatively weighted camera and case to head for the bottom.

I attached a caribeaner type clip (via a sturdy zip tie) to the tray. I've also attached a "hand-lanyard") via another sturdy zip tie to the tray.

When the crewman or DM hands it down once I've entered, I use the caribeaner to clip it to a d-ring for the decent. Once down, or on the way down, I put the lanyard on my wrist and unclip the caribeaner.

Both are on the right side.

It may sound obvious but check the coil on the coil lanyard regualrly. It seems to be one of the pieces of camera equipment that gets the least care.
I had one fracture on me recently and a quick tug was enough to break it. Thanfully it split before a dive rather than give the camera the chance to silently sink to the bottom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom