Clearwater in Aug 2005

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pleasan7

Registered
Reaction score
We will finally be able to dive again. I have fond memories of Clearwater Beach North from when I was a kid. What are the hotels that you could recommend up around the Hilton? I am hoping to see the beach and reef with the eyes of an adult.

Also we would like to dive. I read where some recommend - Mac's for a scuba shop and I saw that Tanks-A-Lot is a dive boat nearby. Do you have good experiences to relate?

Also, I was looking at the island and the Northern tip is Caladesi Island State Park - any good shore diving there?

Thanks for any help,
Carol

Mac's is a good dive shop though a little on the pricey side. I use Tanks-a-Lot for most of my gulf diving and I can't say enough about Ben and the crew. Lots of good experences with them. I've heard good things about Sea Fox and Reef Tours too. No shore diving but the swimming and snorkeling is good. Don't know too much about the hotels....guess it depends on your price range.

Hi Eandiver,
eandiver:
Mac's is a good dive shop though a little on the pricey side. I use Tanks-a-Lot for most of my gulf diving and I can't say enough about Ben and the crew. Lots of good experences with them. I've heard good things about Sea Fox and Reef Tours too. No shore diving but the swimming and snorkeling is good. Don't know too much about the hotels....guess it depends on your price range.
I appreciate the input. The airfare is attractive and I was wondering how the beach faired there. How is St Petersburg beach? Where have you gotten to dive recently? You can PM me if you like.
Many thanks,
Carol

Might want to check out Tanks-a lot, Narcosis Scuba, Tackle Shack , or Sea Fox for dive charters before you arrive.

eandiver:
I need to call them and see if they go out during the week.

My thanks to everyone who responded. I missed the airfare window. We had a Lovely lightening storm after dinner which came in waves. I get up early for work and so did not get online. Today the rates are back up. Sigh!
I will get down there to Florida to dive sometime.
Thanks again,
Carol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom