Cleared to dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

farsidefan1

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
After a heart attack and a triple bypass last June followed by an ablation 3 weeks ago to cure atrial fibrillation) I was thrilled to have the doctor sign off on me resuming diving. I told him I didn't have anything planned till May and that Roatan is easy diving so he signed the dotted line saying he found no reason I couldn't dive. Best part is that I had an accelerated living benefit on my insurance. How many of us get to collect on a portion of their life insurance while still living? All I had to do was live through the open heart surgery and they send me 25% of the benefit. Cocview beware and in October - November, Indonesia, I'm coming for you.

GOOD FOR YOU!! Enjoy and dive safe :)

Great news! Start low, go slow, and come back and tell us how it was!

Will do. If I don't come back just know I went with a big grin on my face.

Wow -- that's a lot to go through! Glad your doctor felt you were stable for diving.

I'm surprised that a doc would sign you off only three weeks after an ablation. I thought they usually wanted to wait a bit longer, to be sure the arrhythmia didn't recur.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom