Clear Springs Texas Polar Bear Dive Club--Jan. 1, 2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dsmith5082

Reaction score
Come out for a great day of diving.....at Clear Springs Scuba Park in Terrell, Texas. Become one of our Polar Bear Dive Club members. For details, please visit our website at www.clearspringsscubapark.com and click on the Polar Bear Club on the left side of the Home page. Check out the awards!!! You just might win the "Bearest Butt" Award (view photos). THAT IS, OF COURSE, IF YOU HAVE THE "PAWS".................................:D

Excuse me for maybe asking a silly question, but why would you go diving in a gravel pit? I'm a bit set out here... And they seem to have dumped a lot of "garbage" in there as well.

I'm really sorry if this sounds like making fun of it. It is not. Is this a common way to do scuba diving some places? What I do like is that you put a social side to it!

KOMPRESSOR:
Excuse me for maybe asking a silly question, but why would you go diving in a gravel pit? I'm a bit set out here... And they seem to have dumped a lot of "garbage" in there as well.

I'm really sorry if this sounds like making fun of it. It is not. Is this a common way to do scuba diving some places? What I do like is that you put a social side to it!

Because there isn't a lot of diving available in central Texas.... the only way to do any 'real' diving is to drive ~5 hours down to the coast and then take a weekend-long boat trip out to the flower gardens... either that or take a flight to Cozumel or somewhere similar... so for a less expensive weekend where you're just aching to get a few dives in - you dive whatever is available.

Hey - what's the water temp generally like at that time of year? Does everybody dive dry or do you tough it out wet?

Kaiser442:
Because there isn't a lot of diving available in central Texas.... the only way to do any 'real' diving is to drive ~5 hours down to the coast and then take a weekend-long boat trip out to the flower gardens... either that or take a flight to Cozumel or somewhere similar... so for a less expensive weekend where you're just aching to get a few dives in - you dive whatever is available.

Hey - what's the water temp generally like at that time of year? Does everybody dive dry or do you tough it out wet?

5 hours drive explains a lot! I'm sorry there isn't much to vary your diving in there. Make the best of it and have some fun! And I did see you have fish in that pond as well, and turtles! COOL!!! We do dive in the lake occationally here too, even if the ocean is only 90 minutes away. But then that is "only" the Oslo Fiord, and not that exciting...

If you're asking for water temps over here in Norway it's dry suit diving all year round :D

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom