Clear Springs on Sat 5/15

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Foo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We're planning to go to Clear Springs tomorrow. There should be at least 3 or 4 of us, including my husband and myself and a couple of the firemen that I took my first classes with. If any of you are going, would look forward to meeting/diving with you! Again, we drive a white monte carlo with duhdivestickersduh. Texass, you gonna be there? We'll try to park in the same area as last weekend.
Foo

Foo, what time are you planning to be there?

Kim

QUOTE=Foo]We're planning to go to Clear Springs tomorrow. There should be at least 3 or 4 of us, including my husband and myself and a couple of the firemen that I took my first classes with. If any of you are going, would look forward to meeting/diving with you! Again, we drive a white monte carlo with duhdivestickersduh. Texass, you gonna be there? We'll try to park in the same area as last weekend.
Foo[/QUOTE]

We should be there around 10 am. You going to join us? I know it will be at least 3 in our party. Let me know if you want to come. We're all newbies, so you've been warned. ;o)
Foo

Kim is an excellent diver and an excellent buddy. You'll have a blast with her there. :)

I hope Kim goes! She hasn't responded yet, but maybe she'll show up. The sky here looks nasty but the weatherman says partly cloudy in Terrell, so we're going to go for it, leaving in about 30 mins from home. It's going o be warmer tomorrow, but we need to go today if at all. Wish you could go too, ScubaTexan! And where are you, Des?

Foo

We met up with Des today at Clear Springs- the firemen didn't show up, and evidently Kim didn't either? But we had two great dives with Des. On the first dive we headed toward the airplane fuselage, with Des in the lead. He also managed to also find the coffin they have sunk, on the way there. Kinda creepy, kinda cool. Then he found the airplane. When I heard there was an airplane down there, I pictured a small 4-6 seater single engine type plane, not an American Eagle plane. That was fun. Took pics there, and saw a big catfish hanging out over there. It was cold beneath the thermocline, but my new wetsuit helped a lot. It's only a 3mm, but I wore it with a skin and hooded vest. The only place I was uncomfortable was my hands, I got used to having cold lips, lol. We saw lots of baby fish in the grass/hydrilla, as well as several bass & perch. Toward the end of the dive, I realized I was underweighted, so I had to work a bit to stay down at the end of the dive.

On the second dive, I used more weight- but toward the end, I was again underweighted. Des put some of his weights in my bc pockets and I was able to continue the dive. We had surface swimmed to a bouy marking a platform, descended, made mask adjustments, etc., and then Des led us to a sunken boat, that we played around a bit. Then headed in a big loop across what reminded me of an open, grassy plain, it felt great. Felt like we were flying across a field. We again saw lots of baby fish and a few big ones, the babies were fun to watch, there were hundreds of them everywhere. We finished by watching the big reddish perch (are those redear?) circling around some holes in the sand. Anyone know what those holes are that they're guarding? Archman- your turn! :eek:)

We want to thank Des for diving with us and showing us around out there, he has helped us be very comfortable. The next time we can go will be the first weekend in June. Our daughter will be doing her open water dives that Sat. to finish her cert. Then we go to Tyler State Park on Sunday to finish. Well, didn't know this would turn into a dive report, but I'm just excited, it was lots of fun!
Foo
Foo

We finished by watching the big reddish perch (are those redear?) circling around some holes in the sand. Anyone know what those holes are that they're guarding?
Foo
They're probably guarding their nests, it spawning time..

I had a blast, too! You & Donald are fun company to keep. (and the sandwich was great)

As for the newbie status, you're doing just fine. The only real way to figure out your proper weighting is by trial & error. New, thicker suit = new buoyancy calculations regardless of how long you've been diving. The important thing to me is that ya aint scary to dive with and you don't muck up the bottom.

Hope by the time you & Donald make it back the vis will be back too. What a difference a week makes.

Foo:
We met up with Des today at Clear Springs- the firemen didn't show up, and evidently Kim didn't either?
Foo

Hey Foo,
I had one or two of your firemen helping me with a recruit class yesterday...I'm pretty sure they would rather have been there with you..lots more fun, and I know the scenery is better there than where we were...lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom