Clear dive log memory on Datamax Pro Plus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pboumis

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello -
wondering if anyone knows how to clear the memory log, both the first 12 and the actual profiles for an Oceanic datamax pro plus?
Thanks,
pete

Would that be a Pro Plus, or a Pro Plus 2?

the K

If you want to clear the memory of all dives, pull out the battery then wait a minute and put it back in.

DiveMaven:
If you want to clear the memory of all dives, pull out the battery then wait a minute and put it back in.
That will clear the realtime tracking of N2 loading, but doesn't remove dives and detailed dive profile info from non-volatile memory.

There are probably ways it can be done at the factory as part of a recalibration.
edit: As Kraken notes below the Pro Plus 2 can be manually cleared. The magic incantations are shown on page 99 of the manual.

If the problem is that you have old info from the previous owner of the computer, my advice is to simply ignore it.

The Pro Plus 2 can be manually cleared of any dive data stored.

the K

Wow, thanks guys! I was told that pulling the battery clears the memory, but apparently that's not correct. Sorry for my bum advice. :wink:

The computer is an oceanic pro plus NOT pro plus 2.
I tried the pro plus 2 instructions but to no avail (didn't get the set menu).
Left battery out for 2 days but memory not erased.
Your help is appreciated - thanks - pete

Pete,

To clear, totally, the memory of the Pro Plus, you need to leave the battery out of the computer for a while. Unfortunately, I don't know how long that is, but I do know that the capacitor will, eventually, discharge and lose all resident memory.

You may want to inquire directly to Oceanic.

I was hoping you'd get a quicker response.

the K

The Kraken:
To clear, totally, the memory of the Pro Plus, you need to leave the battery out of the computer for a while. Unfortunately, I don't know how long that is, but I do know that the capacitor will, eventually, discharge and lose all resident memory.
While I don't know about the specific internals of that particular dive computer, realtime data such as date & time, N2 and O2 loading, and time-to-fly countdown is typically in volatile memory and will be erased after just a few minutes of no battery power.

OTOH, other data, such as the calibration data entered by the factory to correct for sensor errors, and dive log data where the depth is recorded periodically, are more typically stored in NON-volatile memory. Just like a flash memory card or a USB thumb/flash drive, no battery power is needed.

On unit dive log and data stoed for download may only be cleared from the Pro Plus at the factory as part of complete service and calibration. In-ouse turn around time is just a few days. Contact Customer Service at 800-435-3483 for additional details and pricing.

Doug

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom