Cleaning up back scatter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveLvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Can anyone tel me of some inexpensive (maybe shareware) software I can use to "clean up" my pictures. I'd like to take out back skatter but also come of my pictures need some color or contrast adjustement, cropping, etc.

Thanks in advance,

DiveLvr

Photoshop does a great job, but not hardly shareware. You can get older copies/versions though. I use CS2 and it works fine.

Noise filter and history brush (darken/lighten) is the trick :)

Reactions: Jax
Have you tried the software that came with your camera. Some of those products (Canon, Olympus, etc) are pretty good these days. You might be able to download them from the manufacturer's website.
I use Lightroom and Elements from Adobe. Not shareware, but you can download a trial and if you are, or know, a student, can get a discount if they buy it.

Picasa & GIMP are two popular free photo editing products.

You don't need full blown Photoshop. Go to COSTCO or Amazon and pickup Photoshop Elements 9 they may be up to 10 now. Costs around $90. You can do everything you want with it. Later on pick Topaz.

Jim

Just a note: About 10% of people who have photoshop have paid for it.
You can read whatever you want from that.

You could also check out GIMP. It is open source and generally quite good.

Just a note: About 10% of people who have photoshop have paid for it.
You can read whatever you want from that.

You could also check out GIMP. It is open source and generally quite good.

:citation:

:citation:

Okay, the semi-official rate is 60% (illegal), but I would stipulate many many more have illegally DL'd the program.
Software Piracy

I would be pretty sure that the demographic that pirates software is concentrated in students however. (I may have over 1TB of "Free" data....)

Reactions: Jax
+1 on the GIMP . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom