Cleaning the Marmora Dam site on August 10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I heard it was advertized in the local paper here (I have not seen it yet) as being sometime in August, but no specific date. If it says any different I will post it here.

dale

cobaltbabe once bubbled...
Randy and I spoke about it. We discussed the supervision aspect of it and about having waivers made up. I know Randy wrote council and we need to hear back from the MOE before we set up anything. Randy is far better at the paper work then I am I'm sure. I really think that we need to get together and sit down and get some figures and names on paper. I am open on the weekends. If we are going to do this for sure we need to get a game plan and stick to it. I want all divers in and out safely. That in itself takes alot of planning.

well sweetheart, you know that you can count me in, in any way that I am needed.

Well ladies and gentleman, Randy called me this morning and it is a go. All offical agencies have given us the go ahead for the clean up. Randy has done a wonderful job and deserves a standing ovation in my opinion. We are planning to get together asap to work out the logistics of the whole thing and we will be keeping you informed as to what is going on. Please spread the word, the more the merrier. Thank you again for all your support and to Randy for all the hard work done.

Marie

Thanks for making the post yesterday Marie....I knew you'd get the word out. I attended our club meeting last night night looking for recruits/volunteers and ended up with probably 4. (2 DM's, 2 shore assists). I'd like to set the date for August 10, that's a sunday, as it doesn't interfer with any scheduled club dives and gives me/us more of a chance to get organized. I think I have the basics of what we need for logistics....just have to make it happen. My worst fear is to have 200 divers show up...30 or 40 would be nice..:)
Will keep you posted.
Randy...

......so far this date works for me...Just have to relook at my schedule from the dive shop...

So that makes 3. Matt will come as well. :)

Back
Top Bottom