Cleaning the Marmora Dam site on August 10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If it is held on a saturday that I am free, we can use the church hall for a coordination spot, and a place to come back and eat lunch. (Non alcoholic beverages onky though, sorry ). The church is about 4 to 5 blocks from the dive spot.

Dale

weight_for_me once bubbled...
(Why do I have the feeling that I'm the lead guy on this???)
Randy...

Cause you're just that kinda guy...

I am willing to try and help out where I can folks. Schedule is heavey.

I may be wiling to coordinate the divers and do the predive briefing.

No promises though.....

I talked to a friend up that way and I've been given a tentative place to stay during the trip up. As long as they're in town, of course. Getting a dive store involved would be great, especially if they can provide some air or other goodies :)

I think it'll be fun. I hope someone can buddy with me, I don't think any of my regular buddies from the Ottawa area will be into going up.

Cheers,

Mike

Your not alone. We need to get some of us together soon and talk legistics. Randy and I discuss some things on Sunday and we need a core group of people to get this off the ground. We need at least 2 dive masters. 4-6 people to be shore support incase of emergency. We are really thinking this out. We want all divers to have a good time and a safe time. Pairing up newbies with more experienced divers. I think everyone involved really appreciates the support.

CB, did you and Randy come up with a date? Or is that coming after Randy talks to council?

I don't have a problem doing shore duty. "Divemaster" duties.

You want as many divers as you can safely use. Perhaps in two different groups or in one large group if area dictates.

Randy and I spoke about it. We discussed the supervision aspect of it and about having waivers made up. I know Randy wrote council and we need to hear back from the MOE before we set up anything. Randy is far better at the paper work then I am I'm sure. I really think that we need to get together and sit down and get some figures and names on paper. I am open on the weekends. If we are going to do this for sure we need to get a game plan and stick to it. I want all divers in and out safely. That in itself takes alot of planning.

Ok..here is an update...got municipal council approval on Moday (it's in the newspaper!!!) ...other approvals should be coming next week. Still looking for DM's, have dogs and drinks and garbage removal and shore volunteers lined up...whew...
Randy...

weight_for_me once bubbled...
Ok..here is an update...got municipal council approval on Moday (it's in the newspaper!!!) ...other approvals should be coming next week. Still looking for DM's, have dogs and drinks and garbage removal and shore volunteers lined up...whew...
Randy...

If you want, (after you set a date) I can do some advertising in the Church for Shore Volunteers..

Let me know

Dale Sanger

I just learned that the Peterborough Enviro Dive is scheduled for Sept 20. Campbellford usually schedules one the week before or after Peterborough - anyone have an update on that. I'll add P'boro's to the calendar. When Marmora's date is set, let's get it on the calendar here as well...

Back
Top Bottom