classic theme not working?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My SB Classic aligns to the right rather than the left before your change.

That means that about 3/4 of the browser window are empty (white) except for the ad banner on top and the 'home', 'mu account', 'register' etc. below it
and the same on the bottom (the blue and blue-grey bars with white site links.

Everything "in frames" aligns to the right, so only the headlines and forum titles are visible, same with icon explanation, clock and 'logout "user"' button right below the frames.

Having to scroll horizontal & vertical is a pita.

i just tried to logout, it said that it deleted all my cookies, i shut the browser down, verified that all the processes were not running, restarted it and verified the cookies were gone. but scubaboard still recognized me.

i dumped *all* my cookies (dry heaving your browser?) and that has worked. back to classic now...

Just to be clear, logging out will clear any cookies the site can access. If you haven't logged in a long time or logged in using a different domain name, you may have cookies that our system can not modify or remove. In the event that logging out does not fix your issue you will need to manually remove your browser's cookies as I explained previously.

Tech Admin:
Just to be clear, logging out will clear any cookies the site can access.

Actually, I don't think that's quite true. I just tried this on my home machine again, and it looks like there are both "scubaboard.com" and "www.scubaboard.com" cookies. Logging out appears to leave the www.scubaboard.com cookies lying around, even though the site can still access those. Cleaning up those cookies, though, fixed it without having to dump the cache of all my cookies...

Right, logging out can't clear all of those cookies, only the ones for the domain you are on. Thus some users have to manually clear their cookies as well.

Back
Top Bottom