Clark Hill/Lake Thurmond Dive 3/3/07

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ssflounder:
Andy,
What tank set up are you diving? Doubles? Just wondering. I could probably schedule a trip up for a day. If you'd like to guide? In return you can come down and dive our 6"-10' vis. gathering teeth.

We generally dive 100's or 80's singles. This past weekend we were in 100's. You are welcome to join us anytime. We can adjust the profile based on whatever tanks you have. We generally dive Saturday mornings and Sunday afternoons. Just let me know.

I hope the vis holds for this coming weekend. Our lake rose 1.2 feet in 24 hours this weekend (7a Sat to 7a Sunday) from the rain that caused so much damage in Alabama and Georgia. That is a lot of rain. Unfortunately our river is mud right now.

Perhaps when you come you could get in both a lake and river dive (when it clears). We have a nice 1 -1/2 hour drift dive with a shipwreck in 15' of water.

I have enjoyed previous Cooper River trips and would like to join y'all sometime. Would have joined Dave on his trip next weekend, but 4 dives in a wetsuit in one day is a bit much in these water temps.

Andy, it would have been great if you could have dove wet, the trip is off because I could not get enough dry suits to dive. Had enough but things came up for all of them. No big deal, will try to make Saturday at Thurmond and then possibly hook up with ssflounder on Sunday if they are diving. If they are not I will try to convince you to come out for a Sunday afternoon dive, maybe the river, it is starting to clear up. If we do not get rain before Saturday it may be ok for a Sunday drift.
:monkeydan

dschulte:
Andy, it would have been great if you could have dove wet, the trip is off because I could not get enough dry suits to dive. Had enough but things came up for all of them. No big deal, will try to make Saturday at Thurmond and then possibly hook up with ssflounder on Sunday if they are diving. If they are not I will try to convince you to come out for a Sunday afternoon dive, maybe the river, it is starting to clear up. If we do not get rain before Saturday it may be ok for a Sunday drift.
:monkeydan[/QUOTE

Yes we shall hit the Lake Saturday and Sunday works for me as well. OF course, I only dive on days of the week that end in "y". I would love to hit the river if it clears. Geez, saturday you could'a walked across it :( . But it will be a most excellent dive when it clears....

diveprof.....I would love to make a trip up there and dive with you all one weekend. I dove Clark Hill back in the summer of '05, but I wasn't with anyone that knew the area, and didn't see much of anything.

I doubt I'll be able to make it this weekend, going to the Chicago Concert on Saturday, and it looks like it's going to rain on Sunday. Bit I'd like to keep in touch and get out there either later this month or in April.

Mahhz:
diveprof.....I would love to make a trip up there and dive with you all one weekend. I dove Clark Hill back in the summer of '05, but I wasn't with anyone that knew the area, and didn't see much of anything.

I doubt I'll be able to make it this weekend, going to the Chicago Concert on Saturday, and it looks like it's going to rain on Sunday. Bit I'd like to keep in touch and get out there either later this month or in April.

Sure, just send me a pm on Scubaboard when you know which weekend you are coming and I'll share our dive schedule. This weekend we plan a dive at the E. Dam at 10:30a Saturday and probably again sunday afternoon.

diveprof:
Sure, just send me a pm on Scubaboard when you know which weekend you are coming and I'll share our dive schedule. This weekend we plan a dive at the E. Dam at 10:30a Saturday and probably again sunday afternoon.

I am up for both days!
:monkeydan

Back
Top Bottom