Clark Hill Diving, Augusta, ga

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveprof

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Big weekend of diving. Five of us dove Saturday at Clark Hill W. Dam. 87' for 1:02, 75' for :55, and 57' for 1:06. Good vis 10-15', Big bass, several cats, bluegills and shell crakers have returned. We dove for almost 20 min. on the second dive amongst the shad - thousands of fish covering a large corner of the cove. Sunday, two of us did a dive on the SC side to 35' for 1:25, several large bass, 3 cats, a huge crappie assorted bluegills and shellcrakers. Nice weekend of diving.

OMG, I had forgotten about Clark Hill. I spent a long, hard party weekend there when I was stationed at Ft. Gordon. It was a great time. I haven't been back since. I wasn't a diver then but I would love to go back there and check it out.

WVDiver:
OMG, I had forgotten about Clark Hill. I spent a long, hard party weekend there when I was stationed at Ft. Gordon. It was a great time. I haven't been back since. I wasn't a diver then but I would love to go back there and check it out.

Any time your are in the area, PM diveprof or myself and we will take you out. We are out pretty much every weekend all year round.
:monkeydan

Cool, Thanks for the invite.

Yes, join us anytime. Where in West Virginia does one dive? My wife is from the Morgantown area. When visiting family I've often wondered if there is diving there.

diveprof:
Yes, join us anytime. Where in West Virginia does one dive? My wife is from the Morgantown area. When visiting family I've often wondered if there is diving there.
There are a couple of lakes around, nothing special. Mostly just places to get wet, practice skills and take students. Summersville Lake is about 2 hours south of Morgantown and where we usually go to take students. Mt. Storm Lake is about 3 hours east of Morgantown and used as for cooling of the Mt. Storm Power Station. So it stays warmer longer.

Next time you find yourself in the area drop me a line, I would love to take you diving. We usually take a group of students to the Ginnie Springs, Blue Grotto, Manatee Springs area in Feb each winter. How far are you from these sites? We usually end the trip with an ocean dive out of West Palm with Jim Abernathy's. Are you familiar?

Thanks for the WV invite. I'm about 6 hours from Ginnie Springs. Ginnie is a great clear location for students. I've taken students there many times. Jim Abernathy runs a good operation. I've dove with him many times. He is the shark guy for sure. Narcosis Dive Charters also has a great boat and crew. I'll pm you about some other WPB stuff.

How far is Clark Hill from Savannah? The wife and I were thinking about getting up there some time.

Is there any D-shop around for air fill's or just bring plenty? Thank's!

Back
Top Bottom