Circuit under pressure with tank closed after purging

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tnx. We'll get it serviced, hopefully it's not a defective component.

I kind of doubt that bringing it to a dive shop will have any benefit, unless it's under warranty and they simply replace it. But you never know, maybe they can fix it.

It's indeed under warranty, and it'll be serviced (or repaired/replaced) by an authorized Scubapro center.

I'm like the parrot-just have to know. Please post the findings.

I agree, it sounds like debris is causing the issue. Basically the reg is designed so that there is (should be) a strait shot of hp gas coming into the inlet, through the filter, into the body and directly to the hp ports. A small flake of chrome, piece of a seal, lubricant-who knows what's intermittently blocking the ports?

If you want to try Haloclines suggestion, remove the filter and attach something like this: Tank Equalizer for $2.50

Put it in a cloth bag (or sock) before pressurizing to catch the culprit so we'll know what caused the obstruction.

It's on warranty.. I can't play with it much, but I can ask the service for a report of what happened... it'll be there next Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom