Circuit Training Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jcsgt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
How often should circuit training be done per week? What's the max. number of sessions per week you could do without doing more harm than good?

Would it be beneficial to work, say, upper body during one session, then lower body at another or should you do an all around body workout each time?

Thanks!

I'm not an expert at this, but I have worked regularly with a personal trainer who has taught me a lot. There are a couple of basic principles to work with. First, don't exercise the same muscle two days in a row. Give it some time to recover. Second, you probably don't want to do all your upper-body work in one day and all your lower-body work the next day. Since you are concentrating in one area, you are using all the related muscle groups and probably over-working some of them. Do some upper-body work and some lower-body work. Third, it's best to work muscles in pairs. For example, alternate bicep curls with tricep extensions. Unfortunately, I don't know the pairings well enough to give a lot more advice on that. Finally, it depends on what you are trying to do. If you want to develop the muscle (building strength, endurance, or both), you need to work it at least twice a week. Once a week is enough to maintain what you already have. Hope this is some help.

Thanks, Don, that does help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom