Cingular customers: Beware!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Arnaud

Contributor
Reaction score
For those of us who are Cingular customers:

I recently upgraded my phone. Part of the deal was a $150 mail-in rebate. To get the rebate, you have to send the actual bar code from the packaging box of the new phone.

6 weeks after applying for the rebate, I receive a notice informing me that I don't qualify for the refund because I didn't send all the required elements. The notice doesn't say what's missing.

I call customer service and they tell me that they did not receive the bar code... even though I sent it. Luckily, I had xeroxed it before sending it. They said to send that instead.

Not only do they have the stupid mail-in thing (one safe way to make sure that all the lazy a$$es won't collect the rebate), but on top of it, someone seems to be making sure that the half lazy a$$es who did not keep a copy of the bar code will not qualify either. Does that seem like a fair practice to you?

Meanwhile, same day, I receive my statement and I'm charged $4.99 + tax as a toll fee for making long distance calls, even though I get free long distance as part of my plan. When I called to get an explanation, they didn't have any and dropped the charge. Obviously, the statements are automatically created, so something is flawed in their program.

Think about it. If only 1 mil. of their customers gets the same treatment without complaining, that's an additional unjustified revenue of $60 mil. per annum... Smells like class action to me :boom:

So anyway, check your bill and keep a copy of the bar code. I'd rather spend the money on diving...

Now you are a world away but it does sound like a raw deal.// .. yes make them improve their customer service by giving them a small scare .. <read summons>

Rebates are a bad idea.

Just say no.

Then they will offer you a better alternative, usually.

I went through some thing similar with them recently. I am no longer a customer. I have yet to find a cellular service that actually provides good customer service. It seems that this is a nation wide trend, customer service is going down the drain.

Jambi

Cingular Wireless.......... Evil Empire #3

Right underneath Walmart and Bellsouth Telephone!

Mark

Jambi once bubbled...
I went through some thing similar with them recently. I am no longer a customer. I have yet to find a cellular service that actually provides good customer service. It seems that this is a nation wide trend, customer service is going down the drain.

Jambi
Actually Cincinnati bell wireless has excellent customer service...but in the area I lived, the phone just would not work....they tried a bunch of stuff, but ended up crediting me 2 months bills and I was able to give the phone to a friend with 2 months already paid for!

Right now I have T-mobile and do not have any complaints yet.

k4sdi once bubbled...

Right underneath Walmart and Bellsouth Telephone!

Mark

Ironic then (or maybe it makes perfect sense) that Cingular was spawned from Bellsouth Mobility, a division of Bellsouth Telephone.

I had no problem getting a 30 dollar rebate

quote:

Right underneath Walmart and Bellsouth Telephone

I've got AT&T and Fleet on my most hated list.

I ha Cingular....key word ''had'.

I travel a lot so I used it all over the USA...it would take forever for the local companies to bill them for the usage...so one month i would get a bill for 29...then the next month for 400 ...after using less minutes....

it took a phone call every month to get them to go over the minutes and dates and always not bill me more than the plan.

I too switched to TMobile and they are pretty good so far.

900 mins any time....all weekends free....free roaming....and european access when i travel overseas....all for $65 a month

works for me as well. I have called customer service 2 or 3 times, no problems, just to ask questions. I got to talk to someone right away, not the on hold til next available operator business. That impressed me.

When I had Cingular, I mailed in payments and they would not credit it. I'd have to send in a copy of the cancelled check to show that I paid them. This happened 3 times. They suck.

J

Back
Top Bottom