Cigar Smokers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thompson has a really nice cigar if you want to deal with their crappy shipping.
H. Upman Cedar Aged Cameroons at about 5 bucks apiece including shipping. I gave up on Thompson after they kept screwing up my orders. These are very nice cigars though and as near as i've found an exclusive to Thompson Cigar.

I've been ordering a lot of Rocky Patels lately. Cuban Blend, Sun Grown, Rosado, The Edge Corojo, etc, i haven't had a bad one yet. Famous is the best pricing to get Rockys and i've never had a shipping issue with Famous Smoke Shop.

TCDiver1:
Thompson has a really nice cigar if you want to deal with their crappy shipping.
H. Upman Cedar Aged Cameroons at about 5 bucks apiece including shipping. I gave up on Thompson after they kept screwing up my orders. These are very nice cigars though and as near as i've found an exclusive to Thompson Cigar.

I've been ordering a lot of Rocky Patels lately. Cuban Blend, Sun Grown, Rosado, The Edge Corojo, etc, i haven't had a bad one yet. Famous is the best pricing to get Rockys and i've never had a shipping issue with Famous Smoke Shop.

Ah, the RP Sungrown. Such a good cigar.

Anyone try any Pepin Garcia or Tatuaje's? They're what's hot right now and for good reason. My favorites are the Pepin Garcia Cuban Blend and the Tatuaje Serie P. It's the white label. It's a mixed filler cigar and so it's cheaper than the other lines (Havana VI, Cabiguan, etc ..) but IMO is the best. Very cubanesque flavor.

HowardE:
I'm pretty sure Black and Mild (cheap) are made with pipe tobacco.

@chefchris - the hemmingway series is excellent, and difficult for even stores (like mine) to get. Sometimes I feel like it would be easier to stock Cubans than it is get my hands on a box of short stories or the signatures.

I prefer the longer smoke than the short ones... I can make the commitment :)

I'm gonna throw my 2 cents in and unequivocally state that Black and Milds are NOT cigars in my opinion. Most cities have ordinances requiring pet owners to clean these things up when walking their pets.
:D

I love the Curly Heads from Fuente, best buy for the money. Romeo Julietas (Habana) are choice, any Partagas, and Drew Estates has a couple nice ones (Dirt and Green Hero). Nice to find out that there's cigar enjoyers here.

Want to Pay $10 in Tax on Your Next Cigar?

No, the headline is not a joke, it is an actual proposal from our U.S. Senate Finance Committee. To fund an expansion of the State Children’s Health Insurance Program, the federal excise tax on cigars could be raised from $.05 per cigar to a maximum of $10 per cigar. If the proposal is adopted, the new tax rate on large cigars will be 53.13% of the selling price, which is a monumental increase from the current five cents per cigar. When you do the math, the tax on a cigar costing $18.82 or more would be $10. The tax on a modestly priced $5 cigar would be $2.66.

The full Senate may consider the measure as soon as next week, so the time to act is now! Unless you want to pay a substantial amount more for your next cigar, contact the U.S. Senators for your State today, and voice your opposition to the proposed SCHIP legislation. Or better yet, put it on video.

http://www.cigar-magazine.com/

I enjoy a Romeo y Julieta on occaision. I heard a report today that the president would veto that bill if it passed the Senate.

for those of you looking for a good cheap site with popular labels check out www.cigarbid.com

but be careful! you will be hooked in no time. set your shipping to thursday to save money.

Smoking an Alec Bradley Medalist tonight. Pretty good smoke.

Cohiba and Rocky Patel Vintage series for sure!

Cool! Thanks for the link! Someone else mentioned Thompson's crappy shipping, I agree, I ordered one week, 3 weeks later here comes my order! Cigars International is another good mail-order I've hadd good success with, usually a week or so for delivery.

chefchris:
for those of you looking for a good cheap site with popular labels check out www.cigarbid.com

but be careful! you will be hooked in no time. set your shipping to thursday to save money.

Smoking an Alec Bradley Medalist tonight. Pretty good smoke.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom