Cigar Smokers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chefchris

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Anyone? If so, what do you like or what have you had recently?

Fuente (who doesn't like them?)

Punch Double Corona - yum... good for a round of golf.

HowardE:
Fuente (who doesn't like them?)

Punch Double Corona - yum... good for a round of golf.

I just had myself a Short Story the other day. Love the Hemingway Series. The only thing I don't like by them is the Don Carlos line. I even like their Curly Heads.

I had a birthday yesterday and didn't get to smoke. Might have myself a Ramon Allones or a Partagas Short tonight. Maybe a Cuaba.

Is it true that there are now cigars being made with pipe tobacco?

ScubaTexan:
Is it true that there are now cigars being made with pipe tobacco?
I'm pretty sure Black and Mild (cheap) are made with pipe tobacco.

@chefchris - the hemmingway series is excellent, and difficult for even stores (like mine) to get. Sometimes I feel like it would be easier to stock Cubans than it is get my hands on a box of short stories or the signatures.

I prefer the longer smoke than the short ones... I can make the commitment :)

I smoke 2-4 cigars a week, every week.

This week's haul:

Punch Rare Corojo. The corojo tobacco is the leaf that makes Cubans Cubans, and people are finally able to grow it properly in other places. Punch makes the best corojo that I've had so far.

Rocky Patel 1999 Vintage Connecticut. Haven't smoked this one yet, but all the Rocky Patel aged tobacco cigars are tasty.

Perdomo Reserve, Champage. From the Perdomo website: "The gold label is a limited, seasonal release with a golden U.S. Connecticut shade wrapper over six years lending a mild, smooth creamy cigar smoking experience." This is a longtime favorite of mine.

and Cohiba has a new cigar they're "sneak previewing" that I also picked up. Can't remember what the display said, but it was really dark, really earthy, and really good.

Monte Cristo White Labels are still my favorite cigar though. I also like the Padron 4000, Onyx, and a number of others.

The Logic Theorist:
I smoke 2-4 cigars a week, every week.

This week's haul:

Punch Rare Corojo. The corojo tobacco is the leaf that makes Cubans Cubans, and people are finally able to grow it properly in other places. Punch makes the best corojo that I've had so far.

Rocky Patel 1999 Vintage Connecticut. Haven't smoked this one yet, but all the Rocky Patel aged tobacco cigars are tasty.

Perdomo Reserve, Champage. From the Perdomo website: "The gold label is a limited, seasonal release with a golden U.S. Connecticut shade wrapper over six years lending a mild, smooth creamy cigar smoking experience." This is a longtime favorite of mine.

and Cohiba has a new cigar they're "sneak previewing" that I also picked up. Can't remember what the display said, but it was really dark, really earthy, and really good.

Monte Cristo White Labels are still my favorite cigar though. I also like the Padron 4000, Onyx, and a number of others.

Actually, Punch Rare Corojo just started actually using Corojo leaves last year. Before that, they were not even a corojo.

The RP 99 is a very mild smoke with a Conneticut wrapper. Too mild for me, but very good. I prefer the Edge and Vintage 90 & 92 by him.

The Cohiba you're referring to is the Cohiba Maduro. Haven't heard any feedback on these yet.

Montecristo Whites are good, but once again, too mild for me. Padron is where it's at! Even there low end stuff, Padron Londres $2.86, is an excellent cigar.

HowardE:
I'm pretty sure Black and Mild (cheap) are made with pipe tobacco.

@chefchris - the hemmingway series is excellent, and difficult for even stores (like mine) to get. Sometimes I feel like it would be easier to stock Cubans than it is get my hands on a box of short stories or the signatures.

I prefer the longer smoke than the short ones... I can make the commitment :)

I'm friends with a b&m owner and he's says the same thing. It's like Fuente doesn't want to sell it's product. All he can get is It's a Boy/Girl & Don Carlos sticks. :(

I like Macanudo Diplomats

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom