Chuuk / Truk Lagoon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverMon2

New
Reaction score
Hello,

Does anyone have info on land based diving (not liveaboard) in Chuuk?
What is available for the non-diver or outside of diving?

All replies greatly appreciated

Check out the Blue Lagoon Dive shop at the Blue Lagoon Resort as well as the Truk Stop hotel. Both offer land based diving and both have web sites. Chuuk is a vey poor island and and does not offer much for the non-diver except tours of WW II historical sites. The Liveaboads are the best way to enjoy the diving there, in my opinion. If you go there, it'll be a trip you'll never forget.

Yeah, the Blue Lagoon is the only place there I would stay. It's fine, but definitely not a resort by most peoples standards.......no pool, hot tub etc......and the food is hit or miss. That said, I really enjoyed the time there and the owner and all the staff were really nice and helpful. Your over the wrecks in minutes, and they are really laid back with the diving, which I like. Basically, the guides will give you good tours of the wrecks, but your survival is up to you....do whatever you want:)) I wouldn't go walking around the island though, it's pretty rough.....

Any of the other Islands out there are more interesting topside......

I did the oddessey, and the liveaboard is the way to go , the Blue Lagoon is a good place but it is guarded and under gate by nite, so it is very safe.As to a liveaboard , tying to the bouy right over the wreck and do multiple dives at leisure, or with a guide if you want to penetrate and really see the engine rooms is the way to go , Emeron is the best chef you will ever find, wait till you try her shashemy (spelling?) Ps the shark dive will be the best memory you will ever emagine

I just got back Monday from a week on the Oddessey and everything about the week beat my expectations. The boat and food were amazing and diving was something that all dive trips will be compared to.

As previously said, there isn't much to do on land unless sitting in the sun and reading a book is ok for a week.

Just got back. It was amazing. The dive guides are great. JJ, Mike, Kent, Sam - all terrific.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom