CHUM Site Redirect

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heidi Ho

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

If you've gotten a message when trying to access CHUM's site, we are aware. Simply click out and click back in and it should work. Sorry for the inconvenience.

We're working on it....

Thanks!

As an update, apparently it's not redirecting if you use IE but is if you use Chrome or Firefox. Again, if you click out and click back in, it should work. Thanks.

I just got a popup saying "Suspected Phishing Site" in my iPhone Safari. By tapping on "Ignore this warning" button, the popup is gone & I get the usual CHUM webpage.

yes, that seems to be the SOP. I don't think I realized it happened with Safari as well.....SIGH. Thanks for letting us all know.

As a board, we're looking at using different software for our site so hopefully, we won't have this issue again.

ScreenShot001.jpg

CHUM's site is back in bidness :) We've moved over to using the same software used here, so if you're familiar with navigating this site, you should have no problem. Most important, though is that by making this move, our site is more secure.

You may want to clear your cookies or you may get redirected to the old site. You may also still get the malicious site warning but it takes a day or so for that to go away once the new site is submitted to Google.

It's a process, though....not all the photos are moved over yet and we still have some customization to do but everything that was there is still. Please feel free to go and poke around - and be sure to keep checking back as we make those custom changes.

Thanks for your patience. And thanks to Duck Diver for their help.

Last edited:
It appears that some people are still having trouble accessing the site using any one of a number of different browsers and devices.

We're not sure but it seems as if some ISPs have blocked the site. I used AT&T and when I turned off the feature that said 'find my DNS automatically', it worked. Every time. If you're still having trouble getting on to the new and improved CHUM site, you may want to check with your ISP to see if they can provide any answers.

Here's a link to a Geek Squad article explaining how to change your DNS if you're using Win 10.

In the meantime, we continually appreciate your patience.

Thanks!

Last edited:
It works fine for me now on my iPhone6+ With at&t ISP. CHUM even gave me a trophy for 1st message LOL.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom