Christmas Tree Reef Project 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capt. Pete

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hold on to your Christmas tree and donate it for a good cause. Plans are continuing at this moment however it looks like the best day for the sink will be on Saturday January 14th. As further details arise participants will be notified. Divers interested in participating in this worthwhile environmental project MUST pre-register with Inland Water Divers LLC prior to the date of the event.

Steve,

If you would like just shoot me an Email via that link. We just need a head count for the park.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the lake Saturday! Park management seems excited about the project and seems interested in expanding the artificial reef system at the lake. Sounds like a fun project to me

Pete, thanks for organizing this. I enjoyed the dives today and the opportunity to meet some other divers.

Lee

Lee,

Thank you for taking the time on Saturday to help out on the project. We hope to see you on some future dive adventures.

PS... I forgot to hand out raffle tickets to everyone that attended the event. Inland is raffling off one Oceanic Pioneer mask a quarter to one lucky diver and the four quarterly winners will be entered into a raffle for an Oceanic BUD computer at the end of the year. Our way of celebrating 10 years of selling scuba gear out of our retail dive center. I will make sure that you get a raffle ticket entered on your behalf.

:depressed:

Damnme, I missed it! Thanks for doing this, Capt. Pete!

Jax,

Thanks for the comment but the real thanks needs to go to all the divers that did the work, I merely had the idea. This year we had some good surface support as well as good divers in the water. A big "thank you" has to go out to Dan who supplied the boat and the excellent chicken soup which was a big hit after 52 degree water. As is years past Rob from Action Machine was nice enough to donate the metal stands that hold the trees up. These are the folks that the thank you has to go out to.

Hopefully we will see you at the project next year!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom