Christmas in Bonaire !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Millie,

We always purchase a six dive boat package when we go. The expense is minimal, in my opinion, and it allows us to get to some of the more unique dive sites without breaking a bone in the process. Where are you flying in from ... it sounds like we will be on the same plane. Atlanta flight for us.

Requiembell,

Thanks for the info, although I admit I am now totally confused as what to do. I do plan to do at least 3 boat dives during the week. I agree that they are easier. We are straying at the Divi, and of course, they offer a discount if you book the dives ahead of time, so that's my dilemma. Could you, or any of the others, name some of the "must do" boat dives?? You mentioned Rappel. Any others??

As for restaurants, can anyone give us names of any good ones for dinner?? Does Bonaire have good restaurants?? And I'm not talking about fancy, overpriced restaurants where you have to dress up. I'm just talking about nice, local food at reasonable prices.

Not sure if you guys are planning some type of meeting while in Bonaire, but if so, would love to meet you!!

Finally, no , we probably will not be on the same plane. We are flying out of Miami, non-stop, on Insel Air.

In the meantime, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Requiembell,
Does Bonaire have good restaurants?? And I'm not talking about fancy, overpriced restaurants where you have to dress up. I'm just talking about nice, local food at reasonable prices.!

Countess: you are definitely in for a very pleasant surprise!
And really, there is no need to really "dress up" before going out. Clean shorts, sandals, and blouse will do just fine.

For those in Bonaire this Xmas, you may be interested in the project Leo Hoogenboom, an instructor at Captain Don's, is doing Dec 27. He and a buddy will circumnavigate Klein Bonaire in one single dive, estimated to take 12-16 hours, to raise awareness and funds for Sea Turtle Conservation Bonaire.

It seems there will be opportunities to watch this up close, and it looks like even volunteer as part of the support team if you wanted to.

I posted his mail about this here: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/go...tion-klein-bonaire-circumnavigation-dive.html

That contains links, but more directly look at EcoDive Bonaire 2010 .
And this page on Capt. Don's site discusses observation/participation possibilities:
ECODIVE BONAIRE 2010 | Habitat Bonaire

Separately, but related to some other questions in this thread, my trip report for our stay at Capt Don's last month is at http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/abc-islands/359575-trip-report-bonaire-10-19-28-2010-a.html

Could you, or any of the others, name some of the "must do" boat dives?? You mentioned Rappel. Any others??

As for restaurants, can anyone give us names of any good ones for dinner?? Does Bonaire have good restaurants?? And I'm not talking about fancy, overpriced restaurants where you have to dress up. I'm just talking about nice, local food at reasonable prices.

Good choices for boat dives include Small Wall and any dive site at Klein.

As Vince said, no need to "dress up". There are many great spots for dinner. Some of our favorites are Wil's, Patagonia, Bistro de Paris, Capriccio, Pasa Bon Pizza, Bobbe Jan's, El Fagon, Plazita Limena and Mona Lisa.

Back
Top Bottom