Christmas gifts for children in Cozumel 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Karen and Ricardo,

I love that you guys do this! Each year when we come to Cozumel we bring supplies for the Cruz Rojo (Red Cross). I would be happy to bring some things for the children of the island too, you would just have to hold on to it until Christmas time as our trips are always summer time. :wink:

Karen and Ricardo,

I love that you guys do this! Each year when we come to Cozumel we bring supplies for the Cruz Rojo (Red Cross). I would be happy to bring some things for the children of the island too, you would just have to hold on to it until Christmas time as our trips are always summer time. :wink:

Robert, We receive toys/gifts during the whole year, so that would not be a problem at all!

Met up with Karen and Ricardo today to drop off some modest gifts. If you are here and have the day off from diving head down to Mega or Cherudi, (??) spend $20 on some toys and give them to Karen to distribute. It's worth the while.

Dan that is a great idea. I brought gifts from home and had to worry about space & weight in my dive bag so that kind of limited me. That makes a whole lot more sense.

Will do that for the January trip. Not too early to start, right Karen?

Betty

Met up with Karen and Ricardo today to drop off some modest gifts. If you are here and have the day off from diving head down to Mega or Cherudi, (??) spend $20 on some toys and give them to Karen to distribute. It's worth the while.

Thanks so much for your gifts Dan!
And yes we collect gifts and donations the whole year round.

Last year I got already donations on the same day we gave the Christmas gifts away on the 25th for this year´s event!

Also when I was buying gifts with the money we collected at Mega on the 23rd of December, there were tourists in the shop that saw me putting so many toys in my car, asked me for what it was and gave us money right there and then!
How cool is that!

Dear diver(s),

A couple of years ago we have started with a great idea for Christmas and it has been a success as well!
Thanks to you!
We are collecting Christmas gifts for the poor children of Cozumel.

It is always a blast to see the smiles on the faces of the children every year and with your help we have collected over 300 gifts in the past years!
This year we already have collected many gifts again and we are getting there, but I want to ask you if you have a little bit of spare space in your suitcase, please buy a small gift for a child who really will appreciate it here in Cozumel.

If you stay at the El Cid/La Ceiba, just come in and bring it to the dive shop Babieca we work together with them.

If you stay somewhere else, you still can participate!
Write us a mail: info@divechoicemexico.com or a private message on this board and we can meet somewhere on the island or we can pick it up at your hotel.

Deep Blue in the center of town will also collect the toys.
You can find them on Avenida 10, corner Rosado Salas, opposite where used to be La Choza, for the Cozumel insiders.

Also our office is at Avenida 85 between Calle 7 e Hidalgo numero 11

If you drop of gifts at one of these points, could you leave me your email address so that I can send you a thank you mail!

Let's put a smile on a child's face together!!!!

(We know it is early in the year, but we cannot start soon enough to get that many gifts)

I just wanted to thank the divers who left gifts at Deep Blue!
There was no name or card, so I cannot thank by email, but I am sure that you will read this!

You rock!

I just sent 20$ US via Paypal (I paid the 1.08$ fee) to info@divechoicemexico.com.

Just like I did last year. Posted on your FB wall, but found out how I did it last year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom