Christmas fun!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Henry

Contributor
Reaction score
North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
# of dives
Hi dive gang

Come and check out our 5th annual guess the o-ring contest at The Edge Diving Centre. Every year at Christmas time, we gather all of the discarded o-rings that we have accumulated through out the year and put them in to a jar.

Everyone is welcome to put a guess at the number of o-rings in to a box. The closest person to the actual number wins a 10 fill air card. Fun, eh?

I can personally tell you that some of the guesses weren't even close! That is a lot of O-rings. :D

Winner will be annouced some time on Boxing, during our annual Boxing day sale.

Happy holidays
Henry @ The Edge Diving Centre

Attachments

• rsz_2010_oring_guess_004.jpg
    rsz_2010_oring_guess_004.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 35
I guess 1,374 :)

I notice there are some of those really mini o-rings in there. This contest seems unwinnable!

I notice there are some of those really mini o-rings in there. This contest seems unwinnable!

Well of course it is winable. Otherwise how do you explain the past five winners of air cards? :)

The winner is the guess that comes to the closest to the actual count number.

Oops. We forgot to do the announcement on Boxing day. So here is the official announcement. The winner of the 5th annual guess the o-ring in the jar contest is David Sutcliffe with a guess of 4255.

The actual number of o-rings was 4318. The contest was won via Bob Barker rules which means you have to come the closest to the actual number without going over.

Congratulations to David who wins a 10 fill card and we all look forward to the next contest! The Edge will be announcing another fun contest for either Jan or Feb. The prize will be a Tusa regulator! Stay tuned.

Back
Top Bottom