Christmas destination recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking for rec's for Christmas dive destinations that are good for diving without a ton of tourists. There has to be some good spots out there??? Where do you recommend???

Low tourism and great diving are usually off the beaten path places like Old Providence, Los Rocas or the Corn Islands in the Caribbean region. I have only been to Old Providence and can tell you anything you want about it. The other two I have not traveled to yet but heard they are similar.

thanks! I've been considering Los Rocas or Corn Islands. I'm not familiar with Old Providence. Good huh?

Looking for rec's for Christmas dive destinations that are good for diving without a ton of tourists. There has to be some good spots out there??? Where do you recommend???

Can I ask you some more info to get a better idea what you are looking for?
You are in Calif, correct?
Price range?
Traveling alone or with another diver?
Where have you been?
What type of diving do you want to do? 2 dives a day or more? other activities?

As far as the rec by the person above, be aware that he works for the place he recommended to you.

Christmas is pretty crowded and booked up for most of the Caribbean. Airline prices are usually higher too, if that matters to you.

robin

We went to Cozumel the first week of January this year and it was excellent.
SCC was only about 1/3 full.

Over the actual 25th will be expensive regardless!

Consider Roatan Honduras. I stay at Barefoot Cay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom