Christi needs all of our help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you everyone for your prayers. I KNOW they are working!

It's been a very rough week, but now that he's turned the corner and we know he is more or less out of the woods I'm relieved and can start to catch up.

He spent six days in ICU (admitted just before midnight, New Year's Eve) and was moved to the intermediate care unit a few days ago. Today he may actually be moved to a regular room. It seems they finally have the fever and the infection under control and stabilized. The Dr. told us that he will be inpatient for at least two more weeks due to the mega heavy duty IV antibiotics required (Vanco myacin - the only antibiotic that will kill MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) which can cause other complications and therefore require close monitoring and also due to the infection in his leg (celulitis) that actually resulted from the Staph. This is like a third degree burn covering an entire leg. This requires daily wound care and physical therapy since he can't move it himself yet. He will most likely be moved to a long term acute care facility in the next few days as insurance is already trying to kick him out of the hospital :shakehead:

FYI - Staph has always in the past been associated with cuts, wounds, abrasions, or being in a hospital. None of this applied to my father and apparently those "myths" no longer hold true. After speaking to all of the doctors and healthcare professionals, as well as consulting with some of my own trusted sources in the healthcare profession...I know that this is a very random and aggressive germ. It could have been something as innocent as a hand shake from an infected ("coloized") person or being in close vicinity of someone who sneezed.

Basic Tips for prevention: Don't walk around barefooted, wash your hands all the time, carry disinfectant hand lotin/gel/wipes with you to wipe public surfaces and please cover your mouth/nose when you sneeze/cough. Treat and keep open wounds/cuts covered and clean with betadyne to keep bacteria free.

MRSA infection - MayoClinic.com

Thanks again for your prayers and support (and patience if you've been trying to reach me)! It really means the world to me and my family!

Hey, Christi

It's good to hear that your dad has turned the corner. Best wishes for his continued improvement and here's hoping you can all get back to your lives soon.

Christi, we're very happy to here that your dad is getting better, we wish him the best for a speedy and full recovery.
If there is anythng you need from us just let me know, bringing anything down or whatever.

Joe & Peggy

Sorry...just saw this. Glad to read your father is doing better. Lot's more good vibes headin your way.

God is good! Prayers do work! Please know that you, your Dad, and all the doctors and staff involved are in my prayers up here in NC.

All the best to you and your family, Christi. If Family Davil can be of help somehow, please don't hesitate to ask...

Best wishes and best of luck to you and your family Christi.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom